𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓: 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐝-𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫

Start from the beginning

King Alpha frowned rubbing the spot between his eyebrows, "I don't know, Drew. Is it weird that it bothers me that she thinks that?" 

"Ah," Drew smiled, "your bond is acting up," he said, "it's normal to feel like this, ami. You're mated to her. You know what that means?"

"You feel as if you've stolen that dimwit Cupid's dang arrow and struck yourself with it. Where you can only see the colours pink and red and suddenly your favourite bird is a dove."

"Eh, something like that."

"But I'm able to block that, Drew. I'm King Alpha. I don't fall under these things. I've been blocking my bond with Ezlynn ever since she was in my room since the first day. That's why I'm able to keep us both sane."

"Then maybe you're feeling something else instead apart from your bond. The bond makes you feel love without any actual emotion, ami. The thing you're feeling right now is genuine."

"Should I see a doctor then?"

"How about your chérie itself?"  

King Alpha gave a small scowl, "I don't want to see her."

"Why not?"

"She's playing with my mind."

"I don't follow," Drew responded, peering at him with patient eyes.

King Alpha exhaled deeply, leaning forward on his throne, "One moment I want to kill Ezlynn so badly. Like you know? I want to grab her tiny neck in my hands and just...squeeze them hard," King Alpha gritted his teeth, his hands turned into fists in the air imagining Ezlynn's crushed neck, "and then there are these other moments when I want to..." He sucked in a deep breath, hesitating his words, "protect her."

He slumped back into his throne, taking a small drag out of his cigarette.

Drew took a sip from his glass, hiding the smile forming on his lips, "Perhaps try thinking deeper about which feeling is much stronger. Although keep in mind King," Drew spoke, "she's highly innocent."

King Alpha scoffed, laughing in disbelief, "Ezlynn? Innocent? Which Ezlynn are we talking about again?"  

"You're so mean." Drew chuckled, shaking his head at him.

King Alpha rolled his eyes, "She's not innocent, Drew. She's stupid and dumb. She fucking poisoned me."

Drew paused for a second, smirking within himself before taking another sip from his drink, "Yeah."

"And she took Levi's help," King Alpha scoffed, "my most loyal wolf. The Royal Beta. He was ready to help her escape and he even did so. She must have promised him something. Now tell me, is she innocent?"

"She was desperate. You've made it difficult for her to even breathe. She wanted all the help she could get."

King Alpha's nose flared, "I offered her a clean slate too, Drew. She refused."

"Why wouldn't she the bloody hell not?" Drew widened his eyes in short temper, "I know I would refuse too."

"You're not helping right now."

"All I'm saying is to understand where she comes from and try to ease both; her life and your eternal suffering." 

King Alpha sucked in a deep breath, glaring and scowling but stayed silent like a stubborn child.

"But she also annoys me a lot!" King Alpha complained after a while.

"Don't you annoy every living creature too? For God's sake, you don't even leave the ducks of the pond alone!"