Chapter 7 - Missing Annie

"Good kisser? How the hell does she know that you're a good kisser?" Christian narrowed his eyes at Madelyn. Just moments ago, they were having a very good time, but now Scarlet had angered him.
"She kissed me," Madelyn blurted out. "She was so excited that I might have gotten her a job here that she just kissed me. It was just a quick peck, no meaning, nothing special."
Scarlet laughed, again, causing Christian to turn his attention to her. "Do you always kiss random strangers?"
Scarlet shrugged, walking over to the desk and sitting in one of the chairs in front of it. "Only the pretty ones." She winked at Madelyn as a small growl erupted from Christian's throat. Scarlet put her hands up in defense. "Down boy. I'm not going to steal your girl from you. If I was, she wouldn't even be here right now. We'd probably be in Paris by now, laying in bed all day. But we wouldn't be resting."
Christian clenched his teeth together. "Could you give me and Madelyn a moment alone, please?"
Scarlet shrugged and stood. She walked to the door, turning back to look at Christian as she grabbed the knob. "Don't be too hard on her. I kissed her and she ran off. She probably didn't tell you because she was embarrassed." She turned away from both Christian and Madelyn, walking out the door and shutting it behind her. 
Madelyn gave a hopeful smile to Christian. "Please don't be mad at me."
Christian shook his head. "I'm not mad at you." Madelyn sighed in relief. Christian put his finger up. "But- I don't feel comfortable with her being around you."
"I already told her she had the job, Christian." Madelyn walked over to him, starting to undo the tie that still bound his hands together. "At least give her a chance. Maybe she didn't even want to kiss me. Maybe it was a 'heat of the moment' type of thing." She loosely slid the tie from his wrists and wrapped it around his neck.
As she began to tie it, again, he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close to him. "I told you I would do anything for you. So, if you want me to give her the job, then she has the job."
Madelyn smiled and gave him a quick peck on the lips. "Thank you."
Scarlet burst through the door and looked sheepishly at Christian. "You will not regrets this!" 
Christian smiled back, but he still didn't want her around Madelyn.  He was protective over anything he claimed to be his. Madelyn was his and he wasn't going to let anyone change that. Especially not some girl he didn't even know yet.

~

"Will you please stop complaining and just put it on?" Christian sat in a dressing room at probably the twentieth store him and Madelyn had been to today. "Does it fit?"
Madelyn walked out of the dressing room, pouting. "Why does it have to be green? Green is- Icky."
Christian smiled, twirling his hand to signal for her to spin. She spun and he shook his head. "It makes your butt look weird."
"My butt is weird! It's a butt!" She stomped back into the dressing room, tearing yet another dress off. "So, why cant you tell me where we are going?"
"That would defeat the whole purpose of it being a surprise. And green because I thought it would look nice. Maybe we should try a new color."
Madelyn started clapping, erupting a sarcastic gasp from her slightly parted lips. "Good thinking, Mr. Grey! I never thought of that! It's not like I've been suggesting it this whole time or anything."
Christian stood, grabbing a black dress off of the rack next to him. "Here." He waited for her to open the door and handed her the beautiful dress. "It will make your eyes pop."
She smiled, taking the dress from him. "It's perfect."
He nodded. "And it will go with my tie."

~

Madelyn walked out of her room, twirling in her dress to give Christian the full view. She had gone with the black dress he had given her and he was wearing a black suit with the gray tie he loved so much. He smiled at her in awe. "You look amazing."
She shrugged, a smirk set on her face. "I know. You don't look too bad yourself, Mr. Grey." She hopped over to his laptop that sat on the counter. She squealed when she heard the Skype call from Annie. She had been waiting for this all day. She quickly answered it as Christian came to stand behind her. "Annie!" 
Annie squealed, putting her hands to her face. "I miss you guys so much!" 
Christian laughed, moving to make sure Annie could see him. "We miss you, too, kiddo."
Annie smiled widely, a few tears falling as she started to ramble about all the friends she had made and how her teachers loved her writing. She told them of the teacher that wanted her to write out a whole script. He had lined up a crew and everything to read it and possibly get it funded.
"What's your script about?" Christian couldn't have been more proud. He told her to go out there and show the world how amazing she was and she was doing just that.
Annie held up part of the script to the camera. The words 'Untitled Annie Grey Project' read across the paper. "It's about you, Christian. It's about a girl who thought her world was just going to crash and burn, who thought her shattered heart could never be fixed. But then this man comes to her and saves her. He picks up the pieces one by one and puts her back together so she can live a long happy life."
Christian felt a lump in his throat, the story taking him by surprise. "When is this interview thing to see if you get funded or not?"
"Next week," Annie said, proudly. She removed the script from the camera, so they could see her face, again. "Why?"
"We're going to be there." Christian leaned down further, blowing a kiss at the camera. "We have to go, Annie. But I promise we will be there. I will call you tomorrow for specifics, okay?" Annie nodded as Madelyn and Christian said their goodbyes before hanging up.
Christian grabbed Madelyn's hand, spinning her around. He spun her out from him, before pulling her back to him and wrapping his arm around her. "Are you ready, Miss Young?"
Madelyn nodded as he swayed with her, no music, just the two of them. "Are you going to tell me where we're going, now?"
Christian spun Madelyn out, releasing her hand. She spun until another hand grabbed hers. She laughed as she crashed into Taylor. He smiled down at her. "My, my, Miss Young. You're quite the dancer." He released her hand as Christian walked towards them. "Are you ready to meet Mr. and Mrs. Grey?"
Madelyn's eyes went wide as she turned to Christian. "I'm meeting your parents?!"