Chapter 1 - Distracted

Madelyn Young walked into Grey Enterprises determined to have a job by the end of the day. The blonde sitting at the desk to the left of his office stood when Madelyn approached her. "Can I help you, Miss?"
Madelyn laughed. "Miss? Oh my god." She grabbed a piece of gum out of her purse, plopping it in her mouth. "I am here to see Mr. Grey."
The lady shook her head. Her too perfect smile faded. "Mr. Grey can't see you right now."
Madelyn tilted her head slightly, frowning at the blonde. She quirked her lip. "Bullshit." She walked towards the door, turning back at the blonde. "He can see me when I tell him he can see me." She pushed open the doors to his office to find him staring at his computer.
Christian looked up at her, a slight look of confusion on his face. "Uhm, did you have an appointment?" He stood, buttoning the jacket to his suit. 
She walked over to the chairs sitting in front of his desk and took a seat. "No, I don't," she said simply. She looked up at him and bit her lip. "I want a job here, Mr. Grey."
He looked away from her as if embarrassed about something. "How did you get in here?"
She took off her jacket, setting it in her lap. "I walked through the damn door. How else would I get in here? Teleport?" He looked flustered. She stared at him for a moment. He was beautiful. She hadn't realized it until she really looked at him. His gray eyes, his perfectly sculptured face, tall. If he wasn't so stiff, he would be perfect. "Woah," she whispered, but not quietly enough.
He tilted his head and finally looked back up at her. "What?"
She bit her lip, again, still staring. He looked like a lost child. "You're way too pretty." She grabbed her jacket and threw it at him. He caught it, looking at her with surprise. "Cover your face. It's distracting."
He smirked and suddenly he seemed like a completely different person. He walked over to the chair next to her, neither of them taking their eyes off of each other. It seemed to be a game to both of them. He set her jacket on the arm of the chair she was sitting on. "You're the one who is distracting me." He crossed his legs, tapping his finger on his leg. "What did you say your name was?"
She narrowed her eyes at him. How could he go from so innocent and insecure one second, to confident and intimidating the next? "I didn't."
The doors of his office burst open and two security guards rushed in. One of them ran over to Christian, checking if he was okay. Christian brushed him off while the other security guard grabbed Madelyn's arm, trying to pull her out of the office. She swung her arm around, hitting the guard square in the jaw. "Don't. Touch. Me." She stood and looked at Christian, who stood with her. "Well, I guess that's my que to leave. If you ever want to see me, again, I'm sure they'll have my picture hanging up in the lobby."
She started to walk away as he grabbed her hand, making her turn back and face him. "Wait. You don't have to leave." He looked up at the security guards. "She isn't a threat. You can go."
The security guards nodded and walked away without hesitation, closing the office doors behind them. Madelyn turned to Christian, his hand still holding hers. "Why did you do that?"
He released their intertwined fingers and walked over to his desk. He pressed some button on the phone. "Have Taylor send the car around. Thank you."
She set her bag in the chair. She grabbed her jacket and tried to put it on, struggling. "I should just go."
"Not if you want that job, Miss-" He walked to her. He grabbed her jacket, helping her slip it around her. "You never did tell me your name." He whispered close to her ear.
She shuddered, slightly. He was intimidating. Maybe too intimidating. But nothing she couldn't handle. She turned to face him, taking a step back. "Madelyn Young. But you can call me whatever, as long as it isn't insulting. I don't want to have to kick your ass."
She went to grab her bag, but Christian beat her to it. He walked to the door and opened it, motioning for her to go first. "Come."
She walked out the door and towards the elevator, Christian at her side. "Where are we going, Mr. Grey?"
He pressed the button to the elevator. "I am taking you to lunch to discuss your new job you will have here."
The elevator opened and a couple who seemed to be messing around turned to them. The girl squealed, hiding behind the man who seemed amused. Madelyn looked at Christian and saw a smirk spread across his face. The elevator stopped, relieving the the young girl of embarrassment.Her boyfriend laughed, following her out. The doors closed and Christian turned to Madelyn. "What is is about elevators? That seems to happen everyday." 
Madelyn couldn't help it. She laughed and smiled up at him. He smiled back, looking once again like the young child she first saw when she walked into his office. She bit her lip, stopping herself from saying anything stupid to her possible new boss.
He tilted his head, leaning over and grazed her bottom lip with his thumb as she released it from her teeth. "That poor lip. Suffering from your not so gentle biting." He stared at her, biting his own lip. The elevator doors opened and Christian nonchalantly walked out. He stopped when he realized Madelyn wasn't by his side. She was still in the elevator, staring at him. "Are you coming, Miss Young?"
She shook her head, shaking that moment out of her head. She smiled and nodded, walking over to him. The only thought lingering on her mind as the walked out of the building. Who the hell are you, Christian Grey? And she was determined to find out. Now matter what it took.

~

Christian sat across from Madelyn in an excluded booth in the back of a restaurant he knew well. He laced his fingers together and smiled at her across the table. "Why do you want to work for me, Miss Young?"
She shrugged. "Honestly? Or do you want to job interview prepared answer?"
He chuckled lightly. "I prefer honesty."
She sat up straight, leaning her elbows on the table. "I need a job. Your company seems to be running well, you seem to be the richest man in the whole state, maybe even farther out than Washington. I think the job will be semi-easy and it will pay well."
His expression was hard to read. It seemed as if he was insulted, but amused. "That was very honest." He unlaced his fingers, tapping the table. "You have the job. On one condition."
Her eyebrows went up. She froze, trying to contain her excitement. He had no idea how badly she needed this job. "What is it? I'll do anything."
He laughed. "Careful, Miss Young." He took a sip of the drink sitting in front of him. "You have to go out to dinner with me tomorrow night. I would like to get to know you before I let you work for my company."
She beamed. That seemed easy enough. "Great! That sounds perfectly doable."
He shook his head. "I'm not finished." He sat back in his chair, slouching a little. "Taylor will bring you a dress and some shoes tomorrow morning. You will have coffee with him and he will inform you on what the job will entitle. If you are still interested when Taylor leaves you, then I will see you at dinner. If you are no longer interested, you can do as you please with your new dress and you don't have to show up."
She swallowed hard and let her lip go from her teeth. She hadn't even noticed that she was biting it. "Should I be scared, Mr. Grey?"
One side of his mouth tweaked into a half smile. "You? Scared? After what you did this morning, I didn't think you could be afraid of anything."
"Everyone is afraid of something, Mr. Grey."
He nodded. "Touche, Miss Young." He stood, buttoning his jacket. "I look forward to seeing you tomorrow night, Miss Young."
Madelyn stood. He was so sophisticated and rich and intimidating. She felt like she should bow or something. But she would never. "As do I, Mr. Grey."
She grabbed her jacket off of the back of the chair and Christian stepped behind her. "Let me help you with that." He put the jacket on her, his hands sliding down her arms and softly grazing her hands. He turned her around, grazing her lip with his thumb, again. "You should really stop biting your lip, Miss Young. You're going to make it sore."
She smirked up at him. "It already is."
His gray eyes were intense, staring into her brown ones. "Maybe someone should kiss it better, then."
She bit her lip, again. "Maybe." She pulled away from him, letting his hand drop. "Maybe not." She gave a sweet smile. "See you tomorrow, Mr. Grey."
Her confidence was high in that moment. When she was outside she thought about what he had said in the restaurant. The job was hers. 'If you are still interested when Taylor leaves you' rung in her ears. What could be so bad that she would walk away? She left herself asking the same question, again. Who the hell are you, Christian Grey?