Chapter 6 - White Room

Madelyn walked around the town, sulking. She had went down to the homeless shelter to see if they would allow her to come back tomorrow. They won't. She had nowhere to go. She was going to have to stay on the streets for a night or two, if not longer.

She passed Grey Enterprises and saw a young blonde standing outside, banging on the door. "Oh, come on!" Her British accent was thick. "Open the bloody door, you twat!"

Madelyn laughed, approaching the girl. "He isn't in there."

The woman glared at Madelyn. "You know him?"

"More than you know." The woman stared at her, still glaring. "I can let him know you came by if you give me your name."

She held out her hand. "Scarlet Silver." Madelyn took her hand, smiling and shaking it. Scarlet finally smiled back. "How do you know Mr. Grey?"

Madelyn scrunched up her nose. "He's a friend, sort of. I used to work for him." And make out with him. Until I found his Red Room.

Scarlet nodded. "Do you know if he has any jobs available?"

He will tomorrow. She nodded. "He does. You got the job. Come in tomorrow morning, okay?"

She beamed, a bright smile on her face. "Thank you!" She grabbed Madelyn and hugged her, pulling away and kissing her on the lips. "Thank you!"

Madelyn stood frozen, briefly before walking away. She slowly made her way back to Christian's place, dreading her last night with him.

~

Madelyn walked into Christian's bedroom to find him passed out on the bed. He looked so peaceful. After the fight they had this morning, she thought she was going to find him angry. Not sleeping peacefully, like a young child. She slipped her heels off and took off her dress, walking over to his dresser and putting on one of his shirts. She carefully climbed in bed with him, trying not to wake him. She sunk under the covers, exhausted from crying all day. She lay her head on his shoulder and rested her hand on his chest.

He jolted awake, quickly grabbing her hand. When he realized it was Madelyn, he released his grip and sat up, running a hand through his hair. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't know it was you. Please don't be upset."

She sat up and shook her head. She knew better than to touch him. "No, I know you don't like me to touch you there. It's my fault." She quickly got out of the bed, walking towards the door. She turned to face him. "I'm sorry about this morning. I just can't handle your.." She trailed off trying to think of the right word. "Lifestyle."

He smiled, something she hardly ever got to see from him. He stood, walking over to her and grabbing her hand. He kissed her knuckles, looking up at her. "It's gone."

She squinted at him. No. Did he really do it? "What do you mean?"

He opened the door and walked out, dragging her with him. He led her to the room she feared. The only room that made her insides twist, made her whole body shudder. The room that made her want to run from the man she loved. The Red Room.

He turned around. He looked down at her, excitement spread across his face. He could see the fear in her eyes. "Don't worry, Mads." He bent down and kissed her lightly, lingering for a moment. He put his forehead to hers. "Come on." He walked behind her, putting his hand over her eyes. "Open the door."

She reached out and opened the door, shaking from fear. She wasn't ready for this, again. He lead her in there, still keeping his hands over her eyes. He finally removed his hand and jumped in front of her. He threw his arms out with a wide grin on his face. "See?"