Liam gave my father a smile and polite, "Hello sir. I hope I'm not imposing."

"Imposing? Please, he's just happy Tiny got himself a suitor," mused Thomas as he set a chair from the back deck at the crowded table.

My father gave him a a disapproving look as my mother 'humph'ed at him. My face went thermonuclear and Denisse gave him a solid slap to the arm. "Stop that, you big jerk," she scowled. "Don't listen to him, cutie. He's just cranky because the house is taking a bit longer to build than he thought."

"You're not the only project I've got going," Jeffery stated to Thomas.

"What? Kissing Andrew's ass still?" Sneered Thomas settling down in his seat again, looking challengingly at his brother.

No one said anything, letting the two hash it out. Usually they got along well but there was always those times when they didn't.

"I didn't have to convince Xena's father I'd be a good husband. My reputation actually proceeded me." shot back Jeffery.

Thomas just laughed as he settled down at the table beside Xena, holding up his hands in mock defeat. "Gonna stand there all day, Short-Stuff? Mom won't feed us 'till you two are sitting." Thomas stated looking expectantly at me.

Crossing my arms, I glared at him until Liam gave me a gentle push toward the table. "C'mon Little Pup. They're waiting."

"He's such a jerk," I complained to him before grinning mischievously. "You should beat him up."

"Oh?" asked Liam, arching an eyebrow while Thomas burst out laughing. "I don't know how that'll work, hon. He is training me after all."

I still don't know how my jerk of an older brother became the Head Hunter but he did. He was good, I'll give him that much, but he was also a jerk. It made sense due to all the times he would leave him home when he was supposed to be watching me to go out hunting. He was nicer ever since he met Denisse but that didn't mean he never talked down at me or poked fun at my size or the fact that I was an omega.

"No offense kiddo, but you don't stand a chance." laughed Thomas, leaning back in his chair.

Liam just held up his hands. "You know what? I believe you." he said.

"Alright, sandwiches everyone." my mother called, setting down a massive plate on the table.

Strands of gray had appeared in my mother's hair yet she looked just as beautiful as she did before. My father hadn't defied age either, gray peppering his black hair as well. But that didn't mean he didn't have full authority of this house. My brother rarely challenged him these days, and when they did, they always lost.

Everyone reached in, trying to grab what they could before my pig of older brother Jeffery could eat them all. Despite all the food he ate, he was far from fat. His body was pure muscle. He was worker wolf though, happy to spend his days cutting wood, hauling water home, and doing fix-'em-up jobs on cabins wolves asked for as well as building new cabins as new relations and marriages happened. Our semi-circle was quickly closing into a full circle and while no one said it, soon we'd have to migrate or split off. I didn't like to think about it though. After the grabbing frenzy Liam smiled showing off two sandwiches he'd grabbed. I in turn grinned, showing four. His eyes widened in surprised. But growing up with Jeffery, I'd learned to grab more than I could or else I'd go hungry. We swapped sandwich because I knew I could only polish off one and a half tops but Liam like all strong wolves could eat and eat and eat.

We munched away, listening to everyone talk. Denisse about having a pup once the house was finished; Thomas and Jeffery talking about finishing the house; Mom and Xena about wedding plans next month; and dad and Liam about his studies.