We can overcome this (part 1)

Start from the beginning

"I'll go and clean myself up, then we're going for dinner..." I told her.

"Sounds perfect" She agreed.

I began to walk off to find a bathroom when suddenly she dragged my arm back to face her, "wait, Leo! We can't go out..."

"Why?" I raised a brow, "I want to catch up with you... I want... I want something to maybe progress with you Katherine, I somehow lost you once, and I don't want to lose you again, you've been there for me like no other, you taught me how to feed, you taught me how to control myself... I owe everything to you."

"Oh Leo..." She blushed, "Believe me... I've never heard you speak like this before, and trust me... I never thought you would." There was a pause, "But we can't go out tonight, maybe... you should cook us dinner, show me your Italian roots"

"If that's what you want... then of course" I smiled, moving my hand to her cheek before gently tracing my thumb back and forth , feeling her relax into my touch, I leant down to place a soft kiss on to her lips...

I don't know why... but that didn't feel like I thought it would.
—————————————————
DAMONS POV
I didn't even sleep last night. Despite my wife's best efforts to make me feel a tiny bit better, nothing worked. I failed him. I failed Leo... my brother who gave up his future just so that I could have mine.

"Hey... good morning" Elena said softly beside me, her warm hand slowly brushing my bicep, "I'll go get you blood bag from the fridge and make you something to eat..." With that she gave my arm a slight squeeze before leaving the bed.
I'm grateful to have her... but Leo is my brother, and I need him.
—————————————————
STEFANS POV
My brother didn't deserve this. I can't imagine how alone he felt when Katherine killed him. Why?
Why would she kill him? He done nothing to her... if anything it was Katherine who became obsessed with him. So why would she do this? Was it to torture us? Was it to send a message?

"Morning" Caroline whispered, kissing my arm that was wrapped around her. I have to admit, I missed this.
It felt good having the one person I told everything to back in my arms. "You want me to go get anything for you?"

"No... just stay" I said, keeping my arm securely around her.

"I should go check on Bonnie soon with Elena, do you want to come?" She asked.

That's right. Bonnie.
Bonnie loved my brother an incredible amount, she must be hurting just as much as me and Damon are.

"Yes, I'll come... she most likely isn't doing any better than me or Damon..." I spoke, "She needs some company right now..."

"I know you're feeling... terrible" Caroline sighed, "but... I hope you'll feel a little better soon"

"I will... don't worry" I pecked her cheek, "We should make a move..."

As myself and Caroline threw on our clothes for the day, we head down the stairs to see Elena walking out of the kitchen.

"Morning" She gave a tired smile. "There's two more blood bags in the fridge in the kitchen"

"Hey..." I stopped her from going up the stairs, "how's Damon?"

"Terrible" She said bluntly, "He didn't even close his eyes all night, I'm just going to be there for him... he's honestly ... not great"

"Maybe if I speak to him later..." I tried...

"Stefan... I think Damon needs some space, he's still processing what's happened, he won't even speak to me. I would never tell you what to do, and I'd never try and stop you from speaking to Damon, but I just don't think it's the best idea right now..." She said with sympathetic eyes, "I'll message you any updates, I just ... it's hard seeing him so... lifeless"

"Of course, Elena" I sighed, "Me and Care are going to check up on Bonnie later... I need to keep moving, otherwise I'm scared that I'll fall into that place..." My eyes fell to the floor.

"Hey" She moved my head back up, "This will be okay, it's going to hurt like a bitch right now... I even loved Leo, he made such a difference in our lives, his presence was indescribable, I can't begin to tell you how he impacted all of our lives in the best ways... but I promise... we will get through this, we just all have to be there for each other" Elena always had a calm tone to her words that were easy to listen to.

"I think we should have a funeral..." I said... "Maybe it will give us a little closure."

"Yeah... I think you're right" She tried to give me a warm smile. "I'll catch up with you later, I really need to get this up to Damon" Her gaze dropped to the blood bag and small plate of breakfast foods in her hands.

"Okay, tell him that I want to speak to him"

"I will"
—————————————————
LEOS POV
As I began making the food for me and Katherine, I felt a pair of hands wrap around me from behind. "Hey... I'm trying to cook for you" I chuckled.

"And it smells amazing" She replied, "What is it?"

"It's an old Salvatore family recipe" I told her, before turning around, "you look beautiful"

"And you look...irresistible" Her finger moved from the top of my chest to the top of my trousers. "I'm so happy that you're here..."

I don't know how I even got here, I can't seem to remember much, but I know that Katherine has a good heart, and that she will catch me up. "So am I... but can I ask you something? How did I get here? I don't seem to remember... I just felt as though I woke up... half naked and covered in blood, feeling very weak"

"You were kidnapped by a witch, her names Bonnie Bennett" She informed me, "She told me that she was going to kill you, Leo! She was obsessed with you! So I came as quick as I could with my own witch, Lucy"

"Woah... why don't I remember this?" I asked.

"Because Bonnie tried to erase your memories of what she did to you... it seems as though it worked." Katherine would never lie to me... this Bonnie witch is a bitch.

"Why would she do that? I don't even know anyone called Bonnie Bennett."

"Because you're what everyone wants Leo." Katherine shrugged, "they just need to know that you're mine"

"I'm yours" I nodded, leaning down and pressing my lips on to hers...

Again

Again. It just didn't feel right.
—————————————————
AUTHORS NOTE
HEY EVERYONE! How are you all?

This is the first part to this chapter but I didn't want to leave you guys too long with nothing...

So as always , please review and leave a like.

Thank you all so much, and I'm so thankful for your support.

Xoxo