26

[BELLA LEDFORD]
Seattle, Washington

[BELLA LEDFORD]Seattle, Washington

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

Bella expected the kiss yet it stilled her body, completely frozen in place, eyes wide in surprise before she felt them close gradually, succumbing to the feeling of the lips pressed to hers in desire. Even behind her shut eyes, she could still see the long eyelashes that touched Jackson's freckle-littered cheeks, the slight creases in his forehead. She had never felt closer to him than she did in that moment, held to his body by his hands that seemed to find the perfect position around her neck. Jackson's thumbs touched Bella's cheek, and the other traced the line of her jaw, gestures that felt extremely innocent but still had her clutching his white coat in tight fists, body trembling.

The idea of what it must feel like to be kissed by Jackson Avery never came to visit Bella. Even when she doubted the existence of her feelings for him, it never occurred to her that they would ever kiss, or how it would play out. Standing in an empty hospital corner in the middle of the night, right after Bella had achieved the impossible, was a scenario that she couldn't have ever imagined, even if she tried.

Bella was used to the smell of the hospital, but at she stood there, and inhaled Jackson's familiar scent, it seemed to help her filter through the antiseptic, almost fresh smell of the hallway, too. His prickling breath fanned against her mouth while he pulled back for a short second, panting, and tilted his head, their noses brushing in the process, so as to check if Bella was okay with this or if she had any concerns with what was happening. Eyes fluttering open so lightly that she barely saw the light, she thought that even if she did have a problem with it, she couldn't find it in herself to focus on it because her mouth had begun to miss the warmth of his, the softness of his, the slight mint flavour that awakened her in seconds.

Reconnecting their lips in feverish haste, Bella's hands let go of Jackson's white coat while his hands moved to hold onto her waist. She felt him frantically tug her closer to him, even more than she already had been, their bodies completely stuck and crushed into each other, holding on tightly like they would fall apart without the other. Lips pressed together in a hard, purposeful kiss that seemed to alleviate the feelings jampacked in Bella's heart to a point where she began to feel lighter.

Her heart seemed to be doing all kinds of twirls and happy wheels when he moaned against her mouth. The breathy sound was followed by the touch of his warm tongue against Bella's bottom lip, causing her to part her mouth without a second thought, eyes fluttering slightly open once more. Her arms wrapped around the back of his neck, she pushed herself against him as he dipped his tongue into her mouth, meeting hers softly and caressing it with growing need. This made his touch tighten on her waist, dipping harshly into her flesh.

It wasn't until Jackson's lips found their way down the corner of Bella's mouth, closing in on her jaw ever so carefully, before he kissed his way across her neck, lower and lower, that she realised they were in public.