5

[BELLA LEDFORD]
Seattle, Washington

[BELLA LEDFORD]Seattle, Washington

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

The looks Bella received when she finally had everyone, she had invited to the bar, around a table was laughable on its own. In fact, it made her entire week, even though it was only Monday. Thinking of it a little bit more, she found it so crazy that they could all be there because they had no surgeries scheduled, whatsoever.

"So, tell me, then," she sighed, placing her intertwined hands on her knee as she sat with her right leg crossed over the left. Leaning against the wall on her right, the group of four was hidden in one of the booths at Joe's Bar. They were all already a couple of glasses into the night and Bella could tell that something other than the dust was flying around in the air.

"Tell you what?" April asked back.

"Did something happen between you?" Bella tilted her head as the question fell from her lips with ease.

"Between who?" Karev asked, laughing, as he drank his beer from the bottle.

Bella shrugged. "You three."

"What?" April practically fell out of the booth as she sat next to Jackson, the both of them opposite to Bella and Alex. Her reaction made Bella smirk as she immediately had a feeling, she touched the sorest spot she could've found. "That's—that's absurd."

"Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for details—,"

"You're not?" Alex interrupted her but she continued without trouble.

"—but I am looking to resolve the issue between you lot," she smiled like she didn't just make everyone feel uncomfortable, swirling her row of olives stuck on a toothpick around in her martini. "Because whether I like it or not, it appears I am going to have to put my victim card to rest and suck it up. That means I'll need to take whatever life gives me and that's you three."

"Why... is life giving you... us, exactly?" Jackson asked her, turning his head slightly, eyes squinting at her.

"I'm not sure if you've noticed, but other than the three of you, I haven't exactly been anyone else's favourite."

"Victim card," April mumbled.

"And you're not my favourite," Alex added.

"See?" she grinned, putting her chin in the palm of her hand, elbow resting on the table. "You're already joking with me! Best of friends!"

"I, uh..." Jackson laughed as he looked around, not sure how to take the situation. And that caused Bella's heart to drop because what if she misread their intentions? What if they were nice to her because no one else was and they felt sorry for her? That could've been an option.

Or purely her mind overthinking everything.

Taking a breath, along with a large sip of her drink, she said, "Alright. Okay. Maybe we are nowhere near being best friends, or friends at all. But—and I'm gonna use my victim card and say something incredibly disgusting—I really did have the worst week and the three of you somehow managed to make it a little bit better."