28

[BELLA LEDFORD]
Seattle, Washington

[BELLA LEDFORD]Seattle, Washington

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

Bella Ledford walked the hospital, knowing that Callie Torres held one of her secrets. No matter how intoxicated she was she chose to put her trust in the ortho surgeon and that was something Bella needed to accept. The idea was foreign to her. All her life, she depended on herself and when she felt she found friends, somehow, she still ended up alone. Since coming to Seattle, she thought she had people who'd always be there for her but two of them moved away not even a year into her new job, and the one who remained was a little more difficult to manage than she anticipated. So, whether it was intentional or not, she branched out, and it terrified her.

Though, speaking of being terrified, as the news filled the halls that week, Bella knew there were bigger things that mattered. As usual, it reached Bella through word of mouth, overhearing some staff once she was out of surgery. One of the cons of long surgeries had to be the fact that one is constantly left out of things and usually ends up learning everything later on.

This time, it was the death of Dr Derek Shepherd that reached Bella all too late. For a while, she stood in one place and processed the news. Thinking about it, she didn't feel as though she had any right to shed tears and sob until she was left with a fever, however, she was upset. Of course, she was upset. Derek Shepherd had been one of the very few neurosurgeons Bella idolised, if she could say that, and one, from whom she wished to learn. While they didn't get to work together much and form any sort of strong bond given the incredibly unique opportunity he was blessed with in DC, it shocked her to find he had passed away.

Coming to terms with this, Bella had to realise that she, once again, was faced with the task of hiring. Prior to Derek's accident, he was supposed to come back to Grey Sloan and continue being an attending. With an upcoming maternity leave on one of the neurosurgeon's part, Bella urgently needed to find someone to replace Derek, and thus cover everything in her department.

At first, Bella couldn't pin point if spending her lunch time with Callie Torres was a good or a bad thing, until she said, "You should hire his sister."

"Derek's sister?" she asked back, so as to double check.

Callie nodded, "Yeah," answering in a high-pitched voice. She leaned on the table as she spooned the yogurt in her mouth. "She is a neurosurgeon, too, and I believe she also trained at Hopkins."

Bella considered for a few seconds then said, "Well, I'm sure she's got a job."

"Last I heard she was in Seattle," she looked towards Bella for a second, who took a bite of her burger. Burger days were quite possibly the best. "She went to Derek's funeral, then I don't think she left afterwards. Pierce knows her, so I'm sure if you asked her, she could link you two."

"I'm not that desperate for another surgeon," Bella said, sipping her drink. "Besides, how would it look if I hired Shepherd's sister to take over his job?"