Chapter Sixty-Two

Start from the beginning

"Your father left incomplete projects before he died" she began "the shareholders demand their completion or take away their investments. That would lead to a huge loss-the biggest LD Empire has ever incurred"

"So what do I have to do?"

"You're the inheritor. You have to take over those projects. You're already eighteen so it's a legal step. You'll be going to England at the end of the month to head those projects"

"I still have school and everything"

"You're a perfect 4.0 student, Al. And your everything is those projects. The duration of your time there will depend on how good you handle them and how much investors you get. It all depends on you" Alfred felt his chest tighten. So this was what his mother was happy about? She was sending him off across the globe; away from Kaitlyn and his friends. "Tell me, are you going to do it?"

"Promise you'll take care of LD when I'm gone" Harry turned to Alfred

"Dad-"

"Promise?"

"I promise" Harry let out a sad smile

"I'll do it" Alfred said firmly. "I'll go at the end of  month" she gave him a pleased smile.

"Start making plans. The end of this month is near. Less than two weeks" he nodded, feeling completely helpless.

"I'm going to miss you" Claire said and Alfred clenched his fists, badly wishing he could just ram his fists into her mouth so she could keep shut and stop blabbering. "Your handsome face is like coffee; addicting and refreshingly-"

"If I'm done here can I go?" He rudely interrupted her. "I have to go to school"

"Yeah sure" he slowly slid out of the chair and walked to the door Claire was standing beside.

"Stay out of my fucking way" his warning came out dangerously low into her ear and she felt herself involuntarily shiver at his tone; all sense of flirting and humor leaving her. Pleased with the state he had reduced her to, he slammed the door shut.

****
Kaitlyn navigated through the hallway towards her locker with Jack behind her. True to her prediction, the rumor mill worked really fast that no two people had the same story. A few had tried to exert the real story from the victim but she refused to have any unreasonable conversation with anyone. And with Jack's murderous look they were more than willing to scram when told once.

She sighed when Jack took her books out of her locker and Haisley walked towards her. She was not ready for the girl's drama.

"Hey" Haisley said with a sweet smile.

"Hello"

"Heard what happened to you. Well I mean the whole school knew. You saved Chris and look how he repaid you"

"It's not his fault. He's sick"

"They really wouldn't have thrown him down the building. They aren't so heartless. Everyone knows that"

"Yeah. I also figured that out a bit quite late, I suppose"

"I just wanted to say, you're lucky to have them. Especially Alfred. He's never looked at anyone the way he's looked at you. I think you both are perfect together"

"What? You're not mad, jealous, anything?" Haisley let out a hearty laughter.

"No way. Alfred isn't the one for me. I tried at first to make things work between us but it didn't get any better. We both were just stuck between our money hungry parents. Mine especially. Elizabeth wants Alfred to marry a blue blood. We have a thing with the Royal family of Wales. Elizabeth, she was getting married to a king, stuffs happened and boom, she got married to Harry"