Chapter Three

Kaitlyn watched Alfred and his friends whom she found out had a nickname: 'The Mini Big Four'. Katherine had informed her it was because of their fathers' influence: The Big Four. She had tried to steer clear of them for two days straight and only encountered them either in the hallways or during lunch in the cafeteria. Their cars were always parked at the other end of the school so encountering them after school was over was rare.

Alfred was always sending her skeptical looks while Justin glared at her. Troy seemed he couldn't care less about her existence while Rafael always sent her suggestive looks which she always found herself rolling her eyes at no matter how cute she thought he was. There was no denying their good looks. Each was good in his own way. And the powerful aura they always had following them, she couldn't help but somehow feel jealous of them.

She found Alfred's eyes on her in no time. Not wanting to be intimidated, she maintained eye contact. It always felt like she knew him from somewhere. Way before she got into the academy. Only she couldn't bring herself to remember it. And as much as she tried to push the feeling away, it kept resurfacing. Maybe he also felt the same way, she reasoned. She had made an attempt to ask him and he shooed her away, not even letting her get a word out making her immediately conclude he was pompous.

Katherine's eyes narrowed when she saw they were headed towards their direction but Kaitlyn only shut her locker close and turned around, stopping when Alfred yelled her name from across.

"Did you do anything?" Katherine asked.

"None that I can remember" Kaitlyn said, making Katherine roll her eyes. Kaitlyn let out a deep breath and turned around on her heel.

"I'll be there in a bit" Alfred said and the others gave him a curt nod. Her eyes trailed to Troy before she could stop herself and sucked in a breath when they made eye contact. His lips twitched and that was all she got.

"Hello Katherine" Rafael said with a smile and walked away, not waiting for her to respond as she leaned on the lockers.

Kaitlyn watched Alfred stuff his hands into his varsity jacket that didn't belong to the school and rolled his tongue around his mouth before sighing.

"You do know I'm gonna be late for class at the pace you're going right?" She asked, raising a brow. "And I've been doing a good job at avoiding you for the past two days so I don't even get why you want to talk to me. I thought we drew the borderline on my first day here-" he glared at her and clamped her mouth shut with his hands, holding her left arm tightly to trap her in his hold.

"Fucking hell you drive me crazy" he complained and she mumbled, trying to free herself from him. "We've met somewhere, haven't we? Your face looks really familiar" she rolled her eyes but said nothing, waiting for him to let her go. When he noticed she wasn't saying anything and had stopped protesting, her let go of her with another frustrated sigh.

"You've finally gotten the message" she drawled.

"Yes, Miss Hernandez now can I get the answer to my question?"

"Fact is I don't know what you're talking about. I've never been to New York before. I just got here. So unless you've been to Tennessee I don't think we've ever met" he tilted his head and hummed, not taking his eyes off her.

"I'm sure we've met somewhere. And not just a one time thing. It has to be important if I could remember it" she noticed the way his grey eyes shone in the bright morning light and looked away, avoiding the way he was staring intently at her. "And you're not even here on a scholarship so how the fuck-?"

Letting out a deep breath and running a hand through his entangled curls, he took a step back, his breath getting heavier by the second. He shut his eyes and leaned on the wall. Kaitlyn noticed Haisley, her twin and friend, staring intently at them from across the hallway. She noticed the way Haisley's expression turned to that of horror when she noticed the way Alfred leaned on the lockers with his eyes shut tightly closed, hand clutching his chest and breathing heavy.