CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

Morning came the next day, and all the girls had woken up, all lounging around the hotel room as the sunlight flooded in through the open curtains

"Ali stayed here twice," Spencer reveals glancing up away from the residence book from the desk she was sitting at, accepting the coffee Aria hands to her, "and the first time was the day she was supposed to be meeting A in Brookhaven. Coincidence?"

"I doubt it," Caitlin hums from the small sofa chair she was sitting on, sipping her coffee as she sits up, her legs curled up to her chest with the blanket covering her.

"Seriously?" Hanna scoffs standing up, walking out of the hotel room to answer her phone.

"She still didn't call back?" Aria asks sitting on the bed with Emily who was glancing down at her phone.

"My mum's not even home yet, and I'm lying to her," Emily grumbles glancing over at Caitlin, "she thinks I'm staying at your house."

"Oh, that works, 'cause my dad thinks that I stayed at yours," Caitlin glances over at Emily with a smile.

"We're not stealing that, are we?" Aria chuckles looking away from the two best friends who hi-fived each other.

"No," Spencer shakes her head.

"We're borrowing it apparently," Caitlin sips her coffee when Spencer's hand drops on the book sending the brunette a smirk.

"We'll go put it back," Caitlin's face drops.

"We?" Spencer nods grinning making her let out a groan of annoyance, "Spencer, you are not gonna make me crawl through that window again, are you?"

"You've climbed through smaller and higher windows than that," Spencer protests, "Jason's room is on the second floor." Caitlin gives her an unamused stare causing her to stand up pleadingly, "I'll do it, I just need you to stand guard," Spencer pouts, "come on, we're team Spaitin!"

Caitlin sighs rolling her eyes with a smile playing on her lips, "come on."

Spencer grins picking up the book and her jacket as Caitlin shrugs on her leather jacket and beanie before walking out with Spencer. They pass Hanna, as the light breezes brush past them, a nice change compared to last night's weather. They follow the muddy path leading them back to the office.

"Have you decided what dress you're wearing?" Spencer questions, glancing at Caitlin.

"Yeah, it's Red Riding Hood inspired," Caitlin answers, "what about you?"

"Bumblebee inspired," Caitlin chuckles at Spencer's happy smile.

"Cute," Caitlin sends her a smile back as Spencer opens the window again, "I'll keep a lookout."

Spencer nods climbing into the office heading straight for the desk to put it back where it was originally supposed to be. Caitlin leans against the wall beside the window playing with the rings on her fingers. Caitlin glances up when she sees the man's car pull up causing her to quickly push herself off the wall, "Spence! Incoming!"