CHAPTER SIX

"You ready?" Hanna asked slipping on her heels as she sat on her bed in her bedroom getting ready for the 'party of the year'

"Yeah," Caitlin nodded putting on her black leather jacket over her burgundy dress that hung off her body perfectly, paired with black heeled combat boots. They both walked downstairs to see Ashley Marin making dinner with Wilden sitting at the countertop.

Caitlin fished her keys out of her purse making Ashley look over at the teenager she thought of as a second daughter, "are you okay with driving? I can drop you guys off if you want."

"It's okay Mrs Marin. I'm okay with driving. I don't trust Hanna to drive us there," Ashley smiled at the teenager while Hanna slapped Caitlin's arm playfully.

"Hey!"

The three girls shared a laugh before Ashley's parenting skills kicked in, "if there's any drinking, I will pick you up. I promised your dad there was no drinking."

"There won't be," Caitlin tried to assure her sharing a subtle glance with Hanna.

"I could take you girls, if you don't mind riding in the squad car," Wilden said glancing between the two with a smirk, "I wouldn't use the cuffs."

Hanna rolled her eyes, disgusted by his comment, "we'll be fine. Thanks."

"Bye Mama Marin," Caitlin gave her a side hug after Hanna kissed her cheek. Ashley smiled at them before they leave, sending a glare at Wilden once they were out of sight.

"What? It was a joke," he defended himself weakly, "those two are attached to the hip, huh?"

"Have been since the day they were born," Ashley smiled looking down at the salad she was making.

She was glad that Hanna had Caitlin by her side. The time apart from Caitlin is what got her into stealing in the first place. The only thing she liked about Mona was that she brought those two girls back together.

• • • •

Caitlin's green eyes travelled around the packed cabin that was filled with teenagers. Her hand fiddled with the diamond infinity necklace she was wearing when she saw the bottles of beer and alcohol laying around the front of the cabin. Hanna noticed her daze and placed a gentle hand on her arm, bringing her out of the daze, "you going to be okay?"

Caitlin nodded her head, forcing a smile, "I'll be fine."

"Caity, we can leave if you want. We can go and get some takeout and—"