CHAPTER NINE

"I thought you were getting your own room," Caitlin sits on top of the kitchen counter of the Marin household sipping on the tea that she made earlier, discussing Emily temporarily staying with Marin's while Emily's mother visits her husband in Texas

"That was before the pipes went off behind the walls," Emily explains leaning beside Caitlin.

"They had to fix the pipes and put the wall back in so we are roomies till then," Hanna grins handing the mug to Emily.

"It'll be fun," Emily nods happily.

"I know, it's gonna be like a sleepover that never ends," Hanna practically squeals making Caitlin chuckle while Aria and Spencer share looks of amusement, "and some nights we have dinner at Caity's and they also come to ours, also don't be alarmed if someone is crawling through the window in the middle of the night, it's just Caity."

Emily raises an eyebrow in response making Caitlin shrug, "what? Hanna does it too."

"It's true," Hanna nods, high-fiving Caitlin.

"Has Garrett called you about Ian's messenger?" Spencer questions looking at Emily ignoring the pair of best friends.

"Not a sound," Emily shakes her head sighing.

"Guys, we dragged Garrett into this," Aria spoke up, "we just gotta trust him."

Caitlin scoffs into her mug which was ignored, the girls knowing all about Caitlin's lack of trust in the officer, but were still confused on why. "We're trusting him with Ian's $10,000," Spencer points out, "and I could've used some of that to replace Melissa's ring."

"And if they traced the money from Ian to you?" Hanna questions, raising an eyebrow, "how would you explain that?"

"I just don't like waiting," Spencer sighs leaning against the counter, "if we're too quiet, A will get bored and stir the pot."

"And if we say something, A is gonna smack us down, I don't wanna walk into another..." Hanna trails off trying to find a word to describe the situations A always puts them in.

"A-stravaganza?" Caitlin offers, making Hanna snap her fingers pointing at Caitlin in agreement.

"Exactly," Hanna nods sighing, "like that fashion show."

"God, the look on Mrs DiLaurentis's face," Emily sighs, the mortified look on Jessica's face made them all sick to the stomach.

The doorbell suddenly went off, interrupting them from their conversation. Hanna walks off to get it while the girls continued the conversation.

"This isn't just about making us look like bitches anymore, is it?" Aria questions as she pours some more coffee in her cup.

"No," Spencer shakes her head.

"It's about keeping us quiet," Emily adds in.

"Why?" Aria questions leaning against the counter.

"Because A might really be the one who killed Ali," Caitlin states, shrugging her shoulders before noticing the looks on her friends' faces, "that's what we're all thinking, isn't it?"