CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

"We're giving him all of it?" Emily looks at Spencer with wide eyes when she revealed the plan

"We're giving him all of it?" Emily looks at Spencer with wide eyes when she revealed the plan. She hugs her books closer to her chest, "two thousand dollars is a lot of money!"

"Emily, if he can finally tell me who A is, I would hand over a million," Spencer glances away from her locker to look at Emily.

"Yeah, and not ask for change," Aria adds in, nodding her head in agreement.

"How'd you get the money so fast?" Hanna questions looking at Spencer curiously who froze at the question.

"What?" Spencer shakes her head to get her train of thought together, "um...I have a relative."

Caitlin looks away to hide the amusement spread across her face which made Spencer glare, picking up on it. Emily furrows her eyebrows at Spencer, "which one?"

"I promised that I wouldn't say," Spencer clears her throat grabbing a book out of her locker.

"What time did Jonah say to meet him?" Hanna asks noticing Spencer's uncomfortable state.

"Six," Caitlin answers leaning against the lockers beside Spencer's, "but, um, look, not all of us are gonna go. It's just me and Spencer, so we'll meet up with you afterwards."

"Why just you two?" Aria questions with furrowed brows.

"Because I'm the face that he knows, and she's the bank," Caitlin shrugs like it's obvious.

"If we crowd him, he's gonna think something's up," Spencer backs Caitlin up closing her locker.

"Something is up," Emily protests, "we're finally gonna find out who's been torturing us since Ali's funeral, and, hello, I kind of wanna be there for that."

"Volume!" Spencer mutters as Mona walks up to the group awkwardly noticing they were in the middle of an argument.

"Hey ladies," Mona greets.

"Hey," they all greet flatly.

"Okay," Mona stares at them for a moment before looking over at Hanna and Caitlin, "um, Hanna, Caitlin can I borrow you two for a sec?"

Caitlin pushes herself off the lockers following after Hanna and Mona. Once they were a good distance away from the girls Hanna spoke up, "what's up?"

"Can one of you drive this afternoon," Mona notices their confused expressions making her clarify, "to the mall? I thought I had wheels, but my mum— "

"Wait, that's today?" Caitlin cut her off guiltily.

"Yes!" Mona nods her head, frowning when she sees them share a guilty look, "you said you were gonna help me pick out something for this party. Please don't bail on me!" Mona begs, "what's the deal? Did something more important suddenly pop up?"

"No, no," Hanna shakes her head, "it's just my mum wants me home."

Mona looks over to Caitlin with a raised eyebrow, "family dinner. I can't bail. Could we do it tomorrow?"