CHAPTER THREE

A loud slam echoes throughout the greenhouse causing the girls to jump in fright

A loud slam echoes throughout the greenhouse causing the girls to jump in fright. Their eyes frantically sifting through the greenhouse in fear of someone being inside with them.

"Did things just get incredibly worse?" Aria questions worriedly.

"I can't believe this," Emily shakes her head, "Ian's dead."

"No, zombies don't text!" Hanna exclaims shoving her hands into her coat pockets, "he is alive somewhere."

"Spence..."

"I have to get this phone home before Melissa realises that it's gone," Spencer makes a move to walk away but Caitlin stops her.

"Okay and then what?" Caitlin questions, "what do we do with information like this?"

"Maybe we should tell the cops," Aria suggests earning looks of disbelief from Caitlin and Hanna.

"Yeah, because telling the cops always works out so well for us," Caitlin responds sarcastically.

"Why is Ian texting Melissa?" Aria questions ignoring Caitlin's sarcastic quip towards her.

"And why is Melissa answering him?" Hanna adds in.

"Is she? I mean, we don't know how long this has been going on," Emily says.

"Spencer, look, you've gotta find out what Ian told Melissa," Aria looks over to Spencer who began to pace in the greenhouse, "you're the only one who can find out what he wants."

"And where he is," Emily adds.

Rocks falling down the roof of the greenhouse causes the hairs to stand up on the back of their necks. They glance up at the roof fearfully. Spencer runs her hands through her hair stressfully, "let's get out of here!"

The five girls quickly rush out of the greenhouse making their way over to the Hastings' residence before they part ways and head back home to their warm beds.

"Let's finish this in the morning, okay?" Hanna shivers from the cold, her hands stuffed in her coat pockets to try and keep them warm, "I'm cold, damp and scared."

"Yes, please," Caitlin adds in agreement, "I just want to go back into my warm bed."

"We can't talk at school, remember?" Spencer speaks up from the back of the group, "the five of us are supposed to be having separate time."

"Doctor's orders," Emily mutters bitterly.

"So, what are we supposed to do? Not talk to each other?" Hanna scoffs stopping outside of Spencer's back door, "we're in the same classes."

"We just have to play it cool," Spencer responds.

The sound of something crashing against the bins made them all jump. Their eyes travel down the road to see a silhouette of someone throwing boxes in the dumpsters perched outside the DiLaurentis house. Spencer narrows her eyes on the tall, built man trying to see their face. Spencer gasps when the street lamp's light lands on their face making her able to see his face clearly, "it's Jason."