II

You woke up to the sound of your phone ringing. It was 10am. Today you wanted to sleep in. You answered the call without checking the caller ID.

"Yah! Why are you call-"

"Hi Haneul!"

You froze. That's.... Hoshi's voice....

"Ah... Hi....", you spoke softly, still feeling very embarrassed. You cover your face with a pillow while the phone is still in your hand.

"So...Haneul.... The wedding is in 3 days time. I was wondering if you're free today so we can go and get our wedding items. Our parents told us to only get my suit and your dress since the rest are being taken care of. Today's the only day I'll be able to do that. If you can come along, it would be better."

"I don't have anything to do today too...", you replied.

"That's great. I'll pick you up in an hour's time? I assume you just woke up from the way you answered the call", he added while letting out a little laugh. Your eyes widen and your cheeks started getting hotter.

"A-ahhh... okay....bye.", you stammered and quickly ended the call to prevent yourself from being embarrassing again. You got up immediately and rush to the bathroom. You only had 1 hour to prepare.

"aish seriously this boy. I just wanted to sleep the whole day today.", you said while aggressively closing the shower curtains. You were obviously a little unhappy about having to leave the house.

Once you showered, you went to your wardrobe to pick out an outfit. You figured since you'll be trying on dresses, you'll have to wear something easy to change out of and into. You chose a simple casual outfit and uploaded an OOTD of it on your instagram.

Liked by ho5hi_kwon and 10 others jeonhaneul_  today's 🤍ho5hi_kwon Horanghae 🐯

jeonhaneul_  today's 🤍
ho5hi_kwon Horanghae 🐯

It wasn't long until you saw Hoshi's comment.

"What's with him and his horanghae? What does it even mean? Aish this boy... seriously...", you said before leaving your room to wait for Hoshi. You went down and realise Hoshi was already in the house. You stopped going down the stairs, trying to process what was happening.

"Ahh...right....he's my future husband. Of course my parents would let him in...", you thought. You continued walking down and went closer to Hoshi. Hoshi quickly stood up and waved goodbye to your parents.

"We'll be back before dinner!", Hoshi shouted so your parents can hear him from the back of the house. He made his way out the door and you followed him. His black car was parked right outside the door and he opened the passenger's door for you. You looked at him, confused.

"Get in.", he said with a smile. You just nodded and went in. He then closed the door and went to the driver's seat. Both of you buckled your seatbelts and was ready to go to the shopping mall.

It was a quiet ride. But not for long when Hoshi broke the silence.

"We're both wearing hoodies huh? Great minds think alike", he said. You looked at him and he was wearing a grey hoodie with black pants. Almost similar to yours. You just chuckled because you didn't know how to talk to him.

"You don't have to be awkward with me. We're both getting married for the sake of our parents. You don't have to look at me as your husband. You can just look at me as a friend. I'll be glad to have you as a friend. Anyways, have you liked my latest post on Instagram?"

You looked at him again, still confused. You picked up your phone and opened the app. The first photo that popped up was a selca of Hoshi.

Liked by jeonhaneul_ and 12 others ho5hi_kwon Horanghae🐯dk_is_dokyeom  Hyung you look so cute!min9yu_k ^^ I agree

ho5hi_kwon Horanghae🐯
dk_is_dokyeom Hyung you look so cute!
min9yu_k ^^ I agree.

"Aren't you going to comment anything?", Hoshi asked. His hands still on the steering wheel and his eyes focused on the road ahead.

You answered, "Nope. Not really. Even if I have anything to say, I can just say it to you now since you're right next to me. I don't have anything to say. But I have something to ask".

"What is it?", he asked, leaning closer to you but his gaze still fixed on the road.

"Why do you like horanghae so much? What does it even mean?"

He let out a small laugh before answering you.

"Have you ever wondered how I got the name Hoshi? You do know my real name is Kwon Soonyoung but everyone calls me Hoshi. Well except for you, you haven't said my name before. But that aside, Hoshi means Tiger's Gaze. I love everything tigers. So me and my friends made a term for it. It's called Horanghae", he finally answered.

"Ahh... I see. Your friends? The ones who always comments on your photos?", you asked curiously.

"Yes. I'm not a business woman like you. I'm a choreographer and my friends are all artists. We work as a team and produce our own songs. They'll all be there for our wedding"

Your heart started beating faster than before when he mentioned "our wedding". You totally forgot you were getting married, and that the person you're marrying is right beside you. You just hummed a response and nod.