Aiding Intoxication

Links for related pic:

~DA: https://www.deviantart.com/imperial-radiance/art/Aiding-Intoxication-869458041

~Tumblr: https://empressxmachina.tumblr.com/post/667216283243315200/aiding-intoxication-by-imperial-radiance-on

"I didn't mean to hurt anyone. I just wanted them to be happy, too."

No one thought anything could go wrong with supporting a community bake sale. One side gets funding or donations, and the other gets sweet treats! Young Olig didn't see any issues ahead in introducing his spacefaring friends to some native sweets. None of them mentioned any allergies, and their dietary preferences were always handled properly per person. This cake didn't raise any flags, only his excitement to get a bite.

One by one, Olig offered Team Conscience crumbs of Ia-Duun's traditional Etia cake, making sure they each were able to get some of the base, the filling, and the icing on top. He wavered in fear as he watched them, hoping they'd like it. His smile challenged Triri's suns and moons when they said they did, some of them wanting seconds and thirds. Portioning off a piece for them like a petit four, there was enough for both the tiny team and all the mountainous family members to get their fills and then some.

Got their fills, they did, eating themselves into food comas... or so they thought until two of them went down to rest and never got back up.

Nasae didn't expect to get a call while changing her scrubs from one messy situation to another. Seeing her spawn as the interlocutor made her heart stop. Hearing his lament pushed tears to build.

Her colleagues began to collect around her as she stood stony and unreadable, only to be then thrown into whiplash when she suddenly broke from her stupor and ran for every bit of portable medical equipment that she could carry to her car in one go. Running out like a draft horse, Nasae disregarded any warnings or worries sent her way, answering all of them with a "Family emergency!"

Seeing Despina and DeShawn - the epitome of brains and brawn - curled up on the dining table like newborns was a tragic view. Their puny peers, even a robotically barking Lemon, watching them in a huddle was just as bad. One stood alone at a distant edge, staring down at their feet and the far floor below, and Nasae felt like she was back at the hospital, accosting one of her seniors. Kiyoko had pulled out her doctor's coat and mask and wore them proudly, wondering if there was anything that she or any of the tinies could do with little to no equipment.

Before Nasae could address anyone, she gasped seeing Olig run around the corner with a bowl of water, following right behind by Fen. She relaxed for a bit, believing it was for the pet, beginning to set down her tools and kits to approach. Her pupils flared when the bowl hovered in front of Kiyoko.

"No!" Nasae called out, claiming everyone's attention as she dropped the things left in her arms. "I have some ideas of what may be wrong with them, but a bowl will do no good for anyone right now!" She rushed over to her son, putting a hand on his shoulder and moving the water out of his hands down to Fen below with a pat on their head. Turning back to the group, focusing on Kiyoko at her waist, she noted, "I'm rather large and inept to conditions your kind may face, especially as results from ours. As similar as we may be, we're not the same, but I feel we can fix them if we work together."

Hours later, the two medical masters worked magic with massive machina, letting other littles help out when they could, particularly Sol with his holistic knowledge and Candela with her numbing abilities. Despina and DeShawn found themselves encased by a suction-locked mask, getting some gas from a tank at full force. Kiyoko watched over them outside the plastic, unable to do anything more at the moment but wait. Nasae stood by herself in astonishment and anxiety, wondering why two of them, let alone any of them, could get inebriated into an overdose of opiates by the supposedly 'homogenous and well-milled' mix the cake claimed to have, all the while concerned if she could have better luck getting through to Olig crying by the wall that this wasn't his fault.