𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎: 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

Start from the beginning

His smile widened, "Why don't you take a guess?"

"No thanks."

"Witch."

"Huh?"

"I'm a witch."

"Huh?"

He smiled, folding his fingers together and placing them on his desk, patiently letting me connect everything.

"As in King Alpha's nemesis witch?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

As in the witch who put my fate in King Alpha's hands? As in the witch who tried to destroy werewolves? As in the witch Katia's afraid about?

"Not really," he responded, "I'm on the other side where I have nothing to do with King Alpha."

"Meaning?"

"I'm an individual witch - actually a warlock, we're classified like that - with a few companions. We're warlocks. King Alpha's enemies are the witches."

"Derek and Rowena?"

His expressions shifted just a bit to show hardness before he composed himself, "Probably. All I know is that a few rogue witches try to mess with him all the time."

"Rogue?"

"Witches who don't belong to any fixed group or any part of a proper coven. They do as they wish and go as they wish without any leader or ruler."

"Like how King Alpha rules his werewolves?"

"Exactly. If any werewolf from his part misbehaves or goes against the normal rules for all supernatural creatures, he has the right to execute them."

"So you're the...king of witches?"

A grin came on his lips, "Yup."

"You don't look like a king."

He looked a bit offended, "Why not?"      

"You look much more formal. More...business-y type."

"Don't judge until you've seen me on my throne and in my true form."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "True form?"

He waved a hand towards himself, "This is just a face for the human world."

"You mean as a disguise?"

He gave a nod then gave an abrupt and quick sigh, "We're wasting time."

"We?"

"I don't usually save people no matter who they are. Not directly. Not in a thousand years."

"I'm honoured." I bit sarcastically.

"You should be. Now if we're done with the introductions, I'd like to finally get to the point."

I crossed my arms against my chest, frowning, "You didn't save me to save me. You saved me because you want something from me."

He smiled, "Smart girl."

"You're wasting your time. I've got nothing."

"Oh but you do." He slightly leaned forward. "See, the only person who can go in and out of Saludom is you."

"Saludom?" I asked in confusion. "Your fantasy world?"

He narrowed his eyes, "The mansion you lived in."

I frowned in confusion, "It has a name?"

He nodded looking a little pissed off. I guess this guy doesn't really have the patience he shows, "Yes, it does. That's not the point. You're the only one who can go in and out and who isn't in King Alpha's rule. I want you to get something for me."

All the Wicked BondsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara