Chapter 19

Recently, you have heard that the war was starting soon. Ever since Tamayo has helped by joining the corps.

"Y/n, lately your relationship with Tokito-san seems a little bit strained. Did something happen?" Tanjiro asked.

"We got into an argument..." You replied.

"I think it's best if you apologize to him," Tanjiro suggested.

"No way! He should apologize for not trying to understand my point of view!" You scoffed.

I will go see what's Tokito-san response is, Tanjiro thought to himself

"Huh!? Me, apologize?? No! She should apologize! She doesn’t even explain shit to me !"Muichiro exclaimed.

What am I supposed to do now….even though it’s only been a few weeks into this relationship, they’re already having an argument with each other.

Tanjiro brought you two to the living room, you were both reluctant.

"How about you two apologize to each other?" Tanjiro asked.

"No!" Both of you replied in unison.

"If she/he apologized first, then I will apologize," Both of you said in unison.

"Both of you apologize at the same time is the same as both of you apologizing first," Tanjiro apologized.

"No!" Both of you declined and went back to your own room.

Tanjiro felt so dejected from attempting to help you two that he eventually gave up. The days proceeded as per normal with the cold glares.

I really want to hug him right now, maybe when he's asleep.

"He should be asleep by now," you mumbled.

You felt a little creepy doing this but you shoved that feeling aside. You crept into his room and sat on his futon. You caressed his cheeks before you got pulled into bed with him.

Muichiro opens his eyes halfway and mumbled something enough for you to hear.

"It's you...if it's Y/n sleeping beside me right now...I will be happy," Muichiro mumbled before going back to sleep.

Did he forgive me already? Muichiro stupid! How can you forgive me so easily!

You snuggled yourself into his arms and dozed off accidentally, you woke up to see him caressing your cheeks while playing with your hair.

"What are you doing?" You asked.

Muichiro let go of your hair and an expression of dejection appeared.

"Y/n, I'm sorry. For not being patient with you," Muichiro apologized.

"Please don't ignore me anymore," Muichiro held your hand.

"I was in the wrong too, I didn't explain clearly and I assumed that you would know what i meant when you clearly didn’t," You apologized for your actions.

"Then will you please move in with me again?" Muichiro requested.

You nodded and got up to pick your bedding and belongings. You moved back into his room and unpacked.

"I want to grow taller!" Muichiro said as he hugged you.

"Why?" You asked.

"It's hard to kiss you when I'm at your neck level. I don't want to tiptoe to kiss you," Muichiro replied.

"I hope you don't grow taller even if you come out alive from the war," you remarked.

"I'm going to come out alive from war and grow taller than you," Muichiro said with determination.