Chapter 9

Can I finally impress him? He's not like dad right!?

You reflected on everything that has happened since you entered here. What's an outlander doing here? Will you finally get the approval of your master? Many questions you pondered before.

Each time you have these thoughts, you cried. You're mad. You feel an intense feeling of incompetence.

'You're so incompetent.'

'Who can you impress?'

'A chess piece for your parents haha.'

'Never good enough.'

These are your daily thoughts you just shaked them off. You thought ending up in another world. You will be free from those chains. It caught up to you again, not for long.

What am I even thinking!? I'm meeting my friends! Cheer up.,

"Hello! How is everyone doing? And what are you guys up to these days?" You asked.

"We did training! It was hard but I think I will get the hang of it!" Tanjiro said with his usual smile.

"Is Inosuke healed? Because I really need him to help me find the book!" You exclaimed.

"Yea he is. You can go and ask him for help. He is right over there," Tanjiro said and pointed to Inosuke.

"Thank you!" You thanked.

"Hey Inosuke can you help me find something?" You asked.

"What!? What do you want!?" Inosuke asked, in his usual aggressive tone.

"Can you help me find a book in the library call: 'The dimensions' is that fine?" You asked.

"Yes! You must tell that Aio to let me out of here for a day first!" Inosuke exclaimed.

"isn't it Aoi?" Y/n said.

"I heard that, if he repeats the name seven times. He will get it correctly," Tanjiro informed.

You giggled in accordance with Tanjiro's chuckle.

"Y/n if you feel depressed...talk to me...you don't have to act," Tanjiro said with his warm words.

You immediately broke into tears. You couldn't stop those tears that are streaming down. You cried a solid five minutes straight. Everything that has been bottled is pouring out.

"I will...go ask for permission now..." You stood up.

"Aoi, may I take Inosuke to the library? I need him to find a book for me," You requested.

"Fine, I give you guys an hour be back soon," Aoi agreed.

You thanked Aoi for the permission and ran off to Inosuke and tell him the news.

"She agreed but only an hour so we are going to do it quickly," You said.

Inosuke and You ran to the library.

"What is the book call again?" Inosuke asked.

"It's call 'the dimensions'. If it exists," You replied.

"Breath of beast seventh form: spatial awareness," Inosuke said.

A few seconds later, Inosuke moved to the third floor. He grabbed the book and gave it to You.

"Thank you Inosuke," You smiled.

"Okay," Inosuke replied bluntly.

You went back to the Mist estate. To this place you call 'home'. You entered your and hid the book under your pillow.

You immediately went back to doing total concentration training. You ran with total concentration. You swung with total concentration. You did everything with total concentration.

Sooner or later, you were fully able to use total concentration under a week. You couldn't believe yourself. You expected a longer time but this was fast.

"Tokito-sama! I finished learning total concentration constant!" You informed Muichiro.

"That's amazing...Go warm up we will have a match," Muichiro said in his usual tone.

"Yes, I will...go warm up..." You said.

Is learning this under a week not good enough?

Flashback

"Dad! I improved to a B from a D!" You said happily bring test papers to your father.

"Good job," your father said monotonously.

The next exam.

"Dad! Look I got 100% on the test!" You said excited.

Your father let out a "mhm," before going back to work. You felt disappointed in your father's reaction and walked away.

Present

You remembered the book that you borrowed a week ago. You touched the book, and the pages started glowing..

"This is it...the way to get back home..." You said, in a monotonous voice.

'Eligible for 21 and up. Any age younger must be at a special place to transport.' The book stated.

"I will just wait when I turn 21... I should get to sleep now." You mumbled, keeping the book away.

You did the usual routine when you woke up; run laps, sword swings, jumping jacks, push ups and many more. You waited until the time for dodging practice.

"You've done a lot better because of the total concentration but still not enough," Muichiro remarked about the match again.

You felt your whole entire body go numb. You couldn't feel your arms and legs anymore. You felt like you can't control your fingers anymore.

"I will try my best again!" You smiled until he left.

You felt so hopeless. How much more is good enough to him? You want to know the answer. However, seeing how your master is only a year older than you. You don't think you could even meet his standards. So why bother asking.

'Told you. You weren't good enough.'

'Pathetic.'

'Loser'

'Move faster snail,'

I need take a breather. I will go find Tanjiro.

"Tanjiro, how is the training going on?" You asked.

"It's fine but I can't simply beat Kanao!" Tanjiro exclaimed.

"Tanjiro have you tried total concentration constant?" Kiyo terauchi asked standing besides 2 girls.

"Total concentration constant what's that?" Tanjiro asked.

"It's doing total concentration 24 hours every day," You replied with a smile.

"Twenty-four hours of T-Total c-c-concentration" Tanjiro said shocked.

Even doing for a few minutes was hard doing twenty-four hours is impossible.

"Yes! Y/n said it correctly you have to do it twenty-four hours everyday!" Naho Takada said.

"All the hashiras, Kanao and
Y/n can do it," Sumi Nakahara mentioned a few people who could do it.

"Y/n, please teach me everyday!" Tanjiro pleaded.

"I will surely help! Of course once I'm free!" You replied.

"The three girls can help you too!" You added.

You looked out at the sky and noticed it's colour.

"Time passes so fast when we are talking. I have to go now, bye Tanjiro! See you tomorrow," You waved.

Tanjiro waved as you go off.

"I'm back," You yelled.

"Tomorrow we have a mission together," Muichiro said.

"Thank you for notifying me!" You showed your usual cheerful expression.