Chapter 11

"Yo! Tanjiro!" You waved.

"Hi! What brings you here?" He asked.

"Just checking on you guys," You replied.

"Zenitsu and Inosuke are trying to learn total concentration breathing constant. I'm helping them!" Tanjiro said.

"That sounds great! I have a mission tonight! I hope it goes well!" You smiled.

Muichiro pov

'Tokito-sama! You're so fucking self-centred! She has a family to go back to! Her family will be deeply devastated if she died! You're so heartless! I can't believe I study under such a heartless person!'

That line has been stuck on me since our mission. It still feels rather fresh; the slap still feels fresh. She slapped me twice defending people she loves.

What am I even thinking at this point? Break time is over and I have to go back to training.

No one's pov

A mission at another forest again.

When will the demons stop appearing?

"Breath of clouds: Fifth form: Thunderbolt,"

They keep coming.

Tens of demons suddenly came rushing to you. Not a single lay hands on you. Your energy started to deplete as time goes on. Finally, one attack penetrated your back. Another one coming from the front.

"Breath of clouds: first Form: Rain of wisteria!"

You see every demon screaming to their deaths. You did the finishing blow with your breath of clouds: final form: Electric-Ice.

I need to get help quickly.

You immediately went back as fast you could. Unfortunately, you lost consciousness halfway through your journey.

"This is why I said dodge faster," Muichiro sighed, passing by your body.

He piggybacks you to Shinobu's estate.

Why does she have to be tall? It's so hard carrying a tall person.

Muichiro left you to their care and went off to find Oyakata-sama to report. You stayed unconscious for a day before waking up the next day.

"Y/n!" Tanjiro said.

"Hello, Tanjiro!" You replied waking up to see Tanjiro sitting on your bedside.

"I heard you got a big injury two days ago! Get well soon!" Tanjiro hoped.

"I should be fine, what are you doing now?" You asked.

"We are having rehabilitation training! You should join us once you get better," Tanjiro suggested.

"Sure! How's your total concentration right now?" You asked.

"I'm almost there! I can almost do it!" Tanjiro said.

You clapped to congratulate him.

"Stay in bed for one more day and then join them in the rehabilitation training," Aoi said.

"Follow me to another room. I need to change your bandage," Aoi said.

"Who brought me here? I remembered I was unconscious on the floor," you asked.

"The mist pillar. He brought you here himself. He told me to tell you this: 'She's really weak. And have to move a lot faster.' I think it's regarding your agility," Aoi said.

Nothing new...I was always weak in his eyes.

Your eyes shifted to the ground following Aoi into a room. You took off your clothes as instructed by Aoi.

"Thank you!" You thanked Aoi after she dressed your wound.

"Stay healthy!" Aoi smiled before you got escorted back to your room.

You've watched your friends doing their total concentration and decided to land a helping hand. The next day you joined in the rehabilitation training.

Aoi explained that the three girls will stretch you first. After that, you will play a game of tag. Lastly, you will have a reflexes game.

You walked in thinking that nothing would happen. You were immediately beaten by Kanao. Her reflexes, speed impressed you.

Another tsukugo...she's better than me...holy fuck this is going to be hard.

"How was the rehabilitation training?" Tanjiro asked upon seeing you pass by.

"It was okay. I'm going to try better tomorrow!" You smiled.

"That energy is so different from when I first tried it," Tanjiro joked.

You immediately went to bed and sleep. Your body was extremely tired from the rehabilitation training.

'He's going to dump you as his apprentice.'

'An object...Haha!'

'Loser! Haha!'

'Incompetent apprentice!'

You were panting heavily. What was that dream? Have they entered into your dreams now?

"It's just a dream. Nothing big," you mumbled and went back to sleep.

Fortunately for you, the voices stopped after you went back to sleep. You came to the rehabilitation training again.

It ended with the same results, you lost both games. This continued for the next ten days. Finally your eleventh day, the day when you finally beat her.

Game of tag and Reflex training, you finally beat her! Your wound isn't healed yet so you have to stay longer even if you're done with the training.

"I officially did it! Total concentration constant!" Tanjiro exclaimed.

"Great job! I hope you can beat Kanao today!" You exclaimed.

"I hope I do!" Tanjiro smiled.

"I look forward to today's match for you and Kanao!" You happily said.

"I will do my best!" Tanjiro said pumped with energy.

You followed him to see his match with Kanao. You watch with amusement, the match was intense.

"Tanjiro didn't splash the medicine on her and I splashed it on her. I feel so bad for Kanao," you mumbled looking at how Tanjiro placed the cup on her head.

Not for long Tanjiro was fully healed and got checked out of the estate to go to the train. It got lonely and very dreadful again.

'Hey, why don't you die?'

'You're useless anyway.'

'Chess Piece to your father.'

Aunt...help me...I'm scared.

Your hands were shaking heavily. Half numb, half alive. What's an outlander suppose to do here?

"Help me...they are so overwhelming. I don't know what to do..." You mumbled and cried.