Chapter 6

You went to the kitchen. You were surprised by how empty it is. No fruits and vegetables, no oil too. But there is gas and pans. You didn't have money because this is your first few days of working.

You went to find Muichiro to ask him for money.

"Tokito-sama, can I have some money to buy fruits and vegetables?" You asked.

"Go to my room, take the money there and go to the market towards the south-east. That's the nearest food market," he replied.

You walked into his room and took some amount and went off to the south-east. You bought some onions, meat, rice grains, sauce, vegetables and fruits.

"This should be enough for today's meal," you mumbled.

"Are you cooking today?" Muichiro asked, seeing you carry the ingredients.

"Yes. Just a few things only," you replied.

"You don't really have to cook. You know you can just go out and eat ramen at a near stall," Muichiro monotonously told you.

"It's fine I prefer eating home-cooked food," you told him and went into the kitchen.

You walked into the kitchen and started chopping up onions and garlic. You also started to marinate the meat and washing the rice. By the time you're done preparing it's already evening.

Mitsuri really asked me to memorize those lines and I really memorized those lines. Whatever, it's just for this one-time thing of introduction.

I thought I was free again. Be able to go on one travels with friends. But I am back here again, stuck in a house. Not even allowed to go out just like back at home. Trapped again...huh...

You went to sleep straight away after eating. You were extremely tired. 7 am, you quickly rushed to the yard. Muichiro was already standing there for you.

"At least you're on time. Anyway, we will start with a few tests. So that I can deem what things you have to improve with my guidance," Muichiro explained today's lesson purpose.

"We will start with speed then your dodging skills and sword swings for today," He said.

What time does the lesson end?

"If you're wondering, what time does the lesson ends. It ends during the evening," Muichiro guessed your thoughts.

How did he guess that?

"Let's first head to the track. First, run a couple of laps around the track. I will give you a break afterwards," Muichiro instructed.

You do as you were told. You ran your laps until he told you to stop. You napped under a big tree that was planted in his backyard. It was a very big tree, it provided a large surface area of shade.

I will take this time to train while she's having her break.

Half an hour later, your break time was over. You were still napping peacefully.

Where's that girl? It's been half an hour already! Ugh, I will go check on her. Why did I pick such a lazy tsukugo?

"Oi! Break time's over!" Muichiro yelled in the yard.

"Oi-" Muichiro noticed you under the tree.

He rushed to the tree to notice you napping. He shook your body and even hit it. He did his last resort which is: hitting your head into the trunk of the tree.

"AH-" you yelled.

"Break time's over kid. Let's do the rest of the test," Muichiro said and walked off to the tiny arena he created.

You followed him to that tiny arena. He gave himself a wooden sword and said, "I am going to unleash some basic sword attacks. Just dodge it," Muichiro reminded.

He swung his katana so fast that you always barely dodge it. It exhausts your body overall and you haven't even reached the third test yet.

"Take this," Muichiro threw a wooden katana.

"We will do sword swings here every day. 1000 every day. For now, show me your swing," Muichiro requested.

You swung a couple of times. Before Muichiro finally spoke, "Was your cultivator blind or something? Your sword swing is not even straight. I will show you how it is done."

He swung his sword once and you could even see a small wind current produced. Your eyes gleamed when you saw that.

"Teach me! Tokito-sama!" You asked with a smile.

"Sure. Just hold it like this,"

"Like this?"

"No straighter!"

"Like this?"

"Ugh. Excuse me," Muichiro said as he stood behind you.

He clasped his hand with yours and whoosh you created a small wind current with his help. You asked him to do it again a couple of times until you got used to the position.

Amazing, In a few swings she was able to get this correct. Maybe picking her isn't going to be such a rough journey after all.

"Just continue, I need to go visit a friend right now. It's urgent and no cheating!" Muichiro yelled.

"If you did, I will break your legs and arms and don't even bother walking for a week," Muichiro shortly added.

"EEK, What the hell was that!?" You asked yourself.

"Muichiro! You're back again for advice again?" Mitsuri asked cheerfully.

"Yeah, I need to train someone that's why I am here," Muichiro replied.

"You know last time you barely even speak and just look at the clouds. But, now look! You are literally focusing on someone," Mitsuri happily said.

"This is beneficial for the corps and it's also my way of giving back to Ubuyashiki-sama," Muichiro simply replied.

"Eh? So boring. Anyway, what's your question for today?"Mitsuri asked.

"I've given her all the tests today, she was able to do running and her sword swing was done exceptionally well but she had problems with dodging," Muichiro highlighted out.

"She needs to work out on her speed first to dodge faster. Or maybe her reaction time is slow. Train her more in those areas," Mitsuri suggested.

"Is there any more test that I should give her?" Muichiro asked.

"Reflexes! Do that tomorrow!" Mitsuri strongly suggested.

"I will get going now," Muichiro said monotonously and he stood up.

"Wait! Wait! Remember to take her out for dinner today!" Mitsuri yelled before Muichiro closed the door.

I guess I will just follow her instructions.

You opened the door from the front of that house to reveal Muichiro already standing there to open.

"Would you like to go eat with me?" Muichiro asked blankly.