Chapter 12

"Why are you crying?"

You looked up to see Muichiro sitting by your bedside. You averted your eyes away from him.

"When did you get here?" You asked, turning away.

"30 minutes ago," Muichiro replied.

"You have three more days until you are discharged. Rest well," Muichiro notified and left you.

"You won't care anyway if I tell you," you mumbled.

Three days later, you went back to the training grounds. Criticism again, self-inflicted wound because of the feelings of incompetence. Again and again and again, a never-ending cycle.

"How long have you been training under me?! And you don't even seem to improve at all! I thought you were competent at the very least but it seems like I was wrong!" Muichiro yelled out of anger.

"I'm sorry!" You quickly apologized again.

"I'm so useless," you cried beneath the kitchen counter.

You stood up after a while and went back to your room. Every day is the same cycle. You cut to relieve the pain you feel internally. There isn't a mobile phone for you to relieve your sadness.

"There are recent demon attacks at the southeast of the village," The crow reported.

You got ready for the mission. You packed your money and bottle before heading out.

"I hope this isn't another hoard of demons like last time," You said.

"Human meat, mmm," you heard a demon remarked.

I heard demons never work together, those two must have been fighting over that single living human there. Demons are like humans' greed and selfish representation.

"A slayer over there! That's mine!" One of the two demons remarked.

"No! That's mine!" The other yelled.

You cut off their heads without a second thought. You heard a rumble on the ground again. Five demons were running to you in all directions.

"Breath of clouds: sixth form: ringing bells,"

Sounds of soothing bells appeared. It's pleasing to the human ears but it's an ear rape to demons. You switched to another form and cut all their heads all at once.

"That should take care of it. I should go for dinner now. Eating is starting to get so dreadful too," you sighed.

Muichiro pov

That line still has been stuck on me since that day. I'm probably too mean to her. I don't understand how she's tanking all those criticism I gave.

My heart pounds faster when I'm with her. I don't understand why.
When I used to be around her my heart rate was normal.

"I should stop thinking about this. I need to go for patrol," I said to myself.

I kept on pondering on that single question. Why do I keep thinking about her?

"Mission with miss Y/n tomorrow at a town," My crow reported.

I heard the door opened, revealing a very tired Y/n. She was completely knocked out the second she walked in.

"Who knocks out on their doorstep?" I asked myself.

I sighed and made my way to get her to her room. I don't like tall people. They are harder to carry and I sometimes feel intimidated.

No one's pov

The first thing you were told when you got up was that you have a mission tonight.