ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀꜱᴛ

Start from the beginning

"There's nothing like that. Sit here." He ordered and she sat down.

"I just told that for fun Raghav. If you had wanted me to join you, you'd have told me earlier na... That's why I didn't want to disturb you."

"I was too tired to call you, that's why I didn't call you." He replied honestly.

"Oh okay! Then how's the preparation going?"

"What preparations?"

"Yazhini's wedding preparations pa, less than a week is left na!"

"Ohh about that..." Raghav's face fell, when she told about Yazhini's wedding.

"What happened Raghav? Are you okay?" Nithya asked him in concern.

He just smiled at her, hiding behind his pains.

"If you could share it with me, I'm ready to hear you. I may not be able to give you a solution, but if you share atleast your mental stress will get reduced." She told him.

Raghav looked into her eyes. It showed her pure concern towards him. Having spent these days with her, Raghav could infer that Nithya was not judgmental like others, because of which he never revealed about his past to them.

"Who is the hero in your life, Nithya?" Raghav asked her.

"Hmm.. my dad. He is my hero!" Nithya replied, not exactly knowing why he asked this question.

"Have you ever thought that your dad will become the villian of your life?"

"What!! No.. why would he?"

"But for me and Amma, our fathers were the villains." Raghav told her gulping the sob...

"Raghav?"

"I want to tell everything to you, Nithya. As you said before, atleast for my mental relaxation I want to share it with you." He told her.

Nithya understood that he was very broken, so she held his hand and pressed it genty. "Tell me."

"Amma was from a very orthodox family. A family which considered that giving birth to a girl child is the biggest curse in one's life. Her father was a very backward thinking person. He would do everything for his elder son, Raja mama, but never cared about Amma. But Amma was a very rebellious girl from childhood. She wanted to discover the whole world and meet new people. She opposed her dad and went to school. When she completed her schooling, she told her long time dream of becoming a doctor to her father. He was very stubborn that a girl should not study more and denied her wish.

But Amma, never compromised with him. Eventhough he stopped her from joining her dream course, she did not want to stop her studies. She applied for teachers training through distance education, and studied without her father's knowledge. Even then he found it out and locked her up in the house. He thought, if Amma gets married, she would stop studying and become a responsible housewife. For him, a good girl in this society is a responsible housewife and not a girl who wants to achieve her dreams.

They started hunting for a groom and that's when Raja mama's friend approached them that he likes her and wants to marry her.
My grandfather was very happy that they have found a groom and that would put a full stop for Amma's rebellious behaviour. Amma tried to talk to mama regarding this. She even promised him that, she would get married after completing her course. But he was very stubborn on his decision.

Without even getting consent from Amma, they fixed her wedding within a month. She was just 21 when she got married. Never even in her dreams, she thought that her own brother and father would be the villains of her life.

Atleast after wedding, she thought her life would change. It definitely changed, it became worse than before. That man was a womanizer. He had been having affairs without Amma's knowledge. After one year, Amma got pregnant, not because she wanted to have a baby, but her parents had been questioning her. When she left home for delivery, it became even more easier for him to enjoy his life. After that I was born.. when she went back to his house, she felt something fishy in his behaviour. She came to know all the things he had been doing. She couldn't even stay with him for a moment. She left his house and came back to her father's house.

When she came back, what happened was something no one should face. Her dad was still supporting his so called son in law, and not trusting his daughter. Even though Raja mama realised his mistake, he could not oppose his father.

She was broken more and more by her own family. She left the house and filed divorce. She knew that her father cares more about the society than his own daughter. Her whole life became stand still. But that didn't stop her from fighting back and becoming more stronger.

Once she got divorced, she felt relieved and witnessed FREEDOM. She stopped talking to her own family. The only soul, who supported her was Sindhu's mom. Aunty has helped us a lot. She continued her course after a break and got a job in the same school where aunty was working. She has struggled a lot in her childhood and even after marriage. To bring up a child, as a single mother is the toughest task in this society. But she overcame everything and succeeded in life.

Even though Amma doesn't talk to mama, she loves Yazhini like her own daughter. She never wants her to face the struggles, she had faced in her childhood.

Now, Yazhini is getting married. She wants amma and me to attend her wedding... But she knows that Amma won't come, as she would have to meet the people who ruined her life. If her father or her brother had listened to Amma once, atleast once, she would not have suffered in her life..." Raghav broke down into tears.

To be continued.

Do share your comments on the part.