ʙᴜᴅᴅɪᴇꜱ ᴛɪᴍᴇ

Nithya was happily walking back to the dining hall, where her parents were already waiting for her to have lunch.

"Sorry!! I made you both wait." She apologized cutely.

"What important work were you doing? Can't you do it after having lunch?" Her mom asked her in disappointment.

"I was chatting with my friend maa... "

"I have been calling you name for the past fifteen minutes and you were totally immersed into your mobile. Even the next street neighbour would have heard my voice, but not you!!"

"Maa.." Nithya tried to stop her mom but she was busily scolding her. She slowly turned towards her dad and said "Paa 'idhu than anda pasi vandha nee neeya iruka maata moment' ah?" (Is this what they say, you won't be yourself when you're hungry?)

"Yes yes! A live example for us today! So before she starts her praises, let's eat and seal her mouth."

"That's right", Nithya nodded agreeing to his statement and pulled out her chair, getting ready for lunch.

"Nithya, when is your final exams getting over?" Subhash asked her as they sat on the couch for relaxing after lunch.

"Just now my mock tests got over, and now you are talking about final exams??" she asked him disappointed..

"It's not for that di, this is for something else.." her mom added.

"What's it maa?"

"This morning your perima (aunt) had called me." Tharani started telling her about the phone call.

"Wow! It's been quite a long time since I spoke with her. What did she say? How is peripa (uncle)" Nithya asked her curiously.

"Everyone is fine there. They are going to fix Sindhu's wedding date itseems. So they're asking about our return to India. Akka was already upset as we could not attend her engagement... Atleast for Sindhu's wedding we should be present there." Tharani replied.

"But Sindhu didn't tell me anything when we spoke last week?" Nithya frowned.

"May be the elders would have decided to fix the date and inform her ma, so just check your schedule and tell us when will your exams get over. It's been four years since we met everyone there. We had planned to attend Sindhu's engagement, but unfortunately the pandemic came and stopped everything... Hopefully we should go there early and spend time with everyone. " Subhash informed Nithya.  

"Oh okay pa.. I'll check and tell you in the evening. But before that I will call Sindhu and talk to her." Nithya told and went to her room to call Sindhu, her cousin.

"Hey she would have slept di, don't disturb her now..." Tharani told Nithya.

"Who? Sindhu? She would be busily chatting with mama, you don't know about her maa.. I'll call her now! And don't disturb me.." saying this Nithya reached her room and took out her mobile and called Sindhu.

"Hello Nithya?" Sindhu attended the call in three rings which was guessed ny Nithya too!

"Hello madam! How are you?" Nithya asked her.

"I'm fine. Why have you called at this hour? Is everything fine there?"

"I should ask you that madam! Time is 1 AM in India now and you're awake? What's going on huh?" Nithya asked in a teasing tone.

"I was sleeping Nithya.. got your call and woke up" she replied innocently.

"Oho.. so you were sleeping till I called you.. then why did it show your status as 'online' in whatsapp?"

"That.. that may be due to some glitch you know.."

"Your mom and my mom may belive all your lies. But not me okay? Admit that you were chatting with mama in WhatsApp while I called you."

"You know the answer, and then why are you asking me?"

"Just to check whether you are honest to me or not.."

"Haan haan! Hey happy Doctor's day!! I forgot to wish you.." Sindhu wished Nithya.

"Thanks Sindhu!!"

"You won't wish me back?"

"Why should I wish you? You are a chartered accountant but not a doctor la.."

"Today is not just doctor's day, today is Charterd Accountant's day too madam."

"Ohh.. I didn't know this! Happy CA day Sindhu! From now I'll not forget this. "

"Thanks di! Now tell me, why did you call me now?"

"Thanks for reminding me. I'm angry with you"

On hearing this, Sindhu started laughing, "what made you angry?"

"You people are deciding your wedding daye and you hid it from me??" Nithya told her angrily.

"Even I came to know today only Nithya. Shravan's family have requested appa to conduct the wedding soon, as it's already more than six months since engagement... So amma and appa are trying to find a suitable date soon." Sindhu explained.

"Oh okay Sindhu"

"So, when will your exams get over?"

"By the end of next month... Results will be out only after one and a half months, so as soon as the exam gets over, we will come there. "

"That's awesome Nithya!!! Come here soon! I can't wait to see you" Sindhu exclaimed happily.

"I will Sindhu! Even I'm missing you all very badly."

"I wish, one and half months fly away in just a fraction of second."

"Haha! Have patience ma"

"You don't know, how badly I was missing you in my engagement. Everyone were asking me whether I was forced into this marriage and that's why I was looking upset. Even Shravan had tired a lot to cheer me up."

"Awww.. love you Sindhu. Once I come there, let's enjoy every moment we had missed these years."

"Deal!!!"

"Now you go to sleep, it's already late."

"After knowing that you're coming here, will I be able to sleep?"Sindhu pouted.

"Hahaha! You can't but try to catch some sleep baby, you have work tomorrow. I don't want mama to scold me because of your dark circles" Nithya giggled.

"Okay okay! Good night Nithya. Convey my wishes to chithi and chithappa (aunty & uncle)"

"Sure di! Good night.". Nithya smiled and ended the call.

Sindhu and Nithya are best buddies from childhood. Their mothers are own sisters, but more than them, these two are the closest. Sindhu is two years elder to Nithya. But the age difference didn't seem to be a big matter of fact to them. When Nithya had decided to pursue her course in US, Sindhu was the one who was very upset.

Few months back, Sindhu got engaged to Shravan. Nithya and her parents were excited to visit them in India, and that was when the pandemic marked its entry. Eventhough they saw the engagement virtually, they were missing the physical presence.

Sindhu promised Nithya that she will get married only when she comes back to India, and convinced her finance, Shravan too.

Nithya was equally excited to meet her family in India and participate in her sister's wedding.

Let's see what happens next ;)

To Be Continued