Chapter Thirty-One

Start from the beginning

Dimmi's heart pounded in her chest as they took the lift. His empty spot this morning worried her now. Why did he leave and not wake her up? Guys that do that are usually duchy.

They entered the training center, and her gaze head jumped on all the guys here—no Chad.

She climbed on the treadmill, put her ear pods in, and hoped the music was going to transport. Her finger chose the same program as yesterday and started running.

But she couldn't stop thinking about him. Worries took the first spot in her mind. What if he didn't feel the same about her? What if he didn't like the sex last night and faked it? Everything was fine. They even took a shower together. The negative thoughts kept popping into her mind, and she knew she would not pull off pretending that he didn't exist if he became an idiot overnight.

Her strides became harder, and her muscles strained trying to run. The program didn't do this yesterday.

She looked down and an extra pair of hands clutched the railing. Dimmi laughed. "You idiot." She hit the big, red button on the treadmill and turned around as Chad laughed.

"You going to massage my leg muscles if I pull them?"

"I know of another exercise that is fun and you work like all your muscles." He kissed her on her shoulder and jumped off her treadmill, making his way to the weight section.

She'd worried for nothing. She would ask him later where the hell he was this morning. He must have a great reason.

When her sister finished with whatever class they had this morning, she came to fetch Dimmi.

"And?"

"I don't know. He is very lovey this morning."

"Okay, then he must have a reason for that."

"He better." Dimmi stopped the program, and she climbed off the treadmill. She grabbed her bottle of water and towel and walked over to the weights and found him shaking the ropes. She waited till he finished. He flexed out his arms.

"You finished already?" He squeezed his one bicep.

"Buff up, it's shaking ropes."

"Haha, you do that and we will see you complain."

He bent down and kissed her.

"Where were you this morning?" Dimmi asked, and Chad smiled.

"I'll tell you later," he spoke and tapped her on the ass.

"Meet you at Breakfast?"

"Yeah," he said, and picked up the ropes again.

Dimmi rushed over to her sister. "And?"

"He said he would tell me later. This guy is going to give me a heart attack, seriously."

Theo laughed as they walked over to the health cafe to grab a smoothy.

***

They were in Kailua-Kona today and they hiked with the two moms.

Elle was fit for her age and Dimmi stayed clear of Chad this morning not to make her mom or his suspicious that they took this rollercoaster relationship to the next level already.

She had to admit; it was beautiful, and when they get to the top, she took a lot of selfies with Elle, Chad, her sister and mother.

They each drank water and had something to eat, and then it was the big trek back down. Around eleven, they went to snorkel.

Dimmi almost drowned. She never got the snorkel thing and went to lie back on the recliner next to Elle.

"How do you keep up with him?"