Chapter Twenty - One

DIMMI

The cab finally stopped right at the pier where their ship docked. Theo helped her and they both walked swaying on to the ship.

She threw up in the cabin as everything turned. When Theo put her in the shower, Dimmi cried for no reason. Dimmi wasn't that drunk yet to spill the beans how much she envied her sister now. She was a Diva and her sister was right. Not even the baboon man could keep up with her. He liked her sister. How crappy is that? Losing your only love at first sight to someone who was going to end up with your sister. She was going to be a spinster forever.

She passed out, sniffing and crying. She never had this maudlin feeling after having the time of her life.

She hoped Theo would not take it further with this Chad. Dimmi wouldn't be able to handle that.

The next morning, she had a huge hangover. Thank heavens the cabins were so dark.

When she put on the light next to their bed, the shock of what the cabin looked like hit her full in the face. It was clothes everywhere and their make up cluttered the table close to the TV.

It was already one o'clock in the afternoon. Theo wasn't even in the room yet.

She just wanted to sleep. She couldn't stop thinking about Chad. Dimmi laughed at the surname. Her sister called him baboon and his last name was Gibson. Not that Gibson was a baboon, but it was close.

She took a long shower and needed aspirin for her pounding skull. She shouldn't have drink that much.

She hated this feeling inside of her. Dimmi never had been unhappily in love. She hated this feeling so much.

They were the same. It was probably a wrong fit too, but she couldn't stop liking him. There wasn't a switch to flip off, either.

She got dressed for the day in a summer dress and her yellow bikini. When she was about to step into her flip-flops, the door opened and her sister walked in.

"The dead are alive," she cried playfully, and Dimmi laughed. "Here." She handed her two Advil.

"I can kiss you right now."

She wrapped her arms around her sister. "Thanks for last night. I forgot how amazing it is to hang out with you. You are like honey to flies, babes."

Dimmi laughed. "Those guys were not flies. Fuck," she yelled and wanted to cry again.

"Why were you crying last night?"

She looked at her sister. "I cried?"

"You bawled your eyes out."

Dimmi sighed and shook her head. "It's nothing. Just my luck, I guess. The first guy that is my love at first sight is crazy for my sister. I'm a big diva. I'm going to end up alone."

Theo laughed.

"It's not funny. You do not know how badly I wanted to just tone it down a little."

"Fuck no. What did I say to you, Dims? Never change for anyone."

"Yeah, I know, but I really liked him and now you are going to end up with him and I'm going to be in love with my brother-in-law, forever." She plopped on the bed, grabbed her pillow, and screamed into her pillow.

Theo thought it was hilarious.

"It not funny."

"I'm not the only daft one with guys, sis. Monkey man liked a lot, you intimidated him, Dimmi. You are larger than life."

"What? Get out of here? He spoke to you the entire night, Theo, and gave me Hawaiian phrases that I'd never heard before. I swear he was teaching me bad words or something, because everyone laughed when I'd said it. I felt like an idiot."