Chapter Seven

CHAD

The Oscar that he'd won sat on the shelf among Paris's awards; it was a dream come true, and they celebrated it with an enormous party at the house.

They always celebrated the milestones they reached in life.

His phone rang, waking him. 03:00 gleaned from his digital clock next to his bed. His agent's number lit up the screen. His finger pressed the green button. "Chad, were you sleeping?"

"No, Dianne, I was mowing the lawn. Of course I was sleeping, it's like three in the morning."

"I'm sorry Papa Bear, but this is urgent." The stress in her tone reached his ears.

"What is wrong?"

"Your entire career is hanging on by a thread. People are calling you a fraud because of that video that went viral."

"What video?"

"You haven't seen it?" She sounded shocked.

"I'm not spending twenty-four hours on social media. I have a team for that."

"I'm forwarding it to you. How true is this, Chad?"

"How true is what?" He sat up straight, his feet disappearing into the lush carpet.

"Watch it, and let me know so that we can start putting this fire down."

Put the Fire down? "Okay, just send it."

The call ended.

A hand caressed his back as he worried his ass off with Dianne's fraud comment.

"What is wrong?"

"I don't know. Dianne is freaking out about a video that went viral. She said my entire career is hanging on a thread. Someone is calling me a fraud."

"A fraud? In what way?"

"I don't know. I'm waiting for the video."

He hated when this happened. One woman actually did a video claiming to be his lover, and he had to see a counselor with Paris, as she had believed it for a while.

His phone pinged. It was two videos.

He opened the first one. The TikTok logo appeared in the right corner.

His interview with Olive was on one side of the split screen and a young girl that looked like she could be part Hawaiian was on the other side, sitting on her bed.

He pressed the play button as his heart stammered.

The interview with Olive played. It was about a chapter in his book, the Papa Bear chapter. The girl rolled her eyes, had a smirk on her face, and shook her head. She had a bit of an attitude problem, but she was beautiful. The interview stopped and massive gold glitter letters to watch out for part two filled the screen.

He closed the video and opened the next one.

"Who is that?" Paris asked as she sat on her knees next to him, looking over his shoulder.

"I don't know." He pressed the second video. It was only the girl now. The girl leaned closer to the screen. Dark green-brown eyes narrowed, and her full lips pulled into a sneer before she spoke.

Her words addressed the readers that tuned in for the second part. What followed made him freeze. She spoke about his lovely performance and then called him a fraud. Chad and Paris gasped as she mentioned he had a daughter, two in fact, that he didn't give a flying fuck about.

The last part, her tone was challenging as well as her attitude, wishing that he would crash and burn. He hated how the words Thunder-man spewed through her lips. The video stopped and Chad looked at it a second time as his heart pounded inside his chest.