Chapter Forty-Four

They spent the day at Warner Bros World. She hadn't seen the twins laugh as much as they had today. Whatever Chad told Danny yesterday, she kept it to herself. After seven, they went back to their suite that Chad booked them. It was chic with leather couches and lush carpets. A grand piano sat vastly in front of the floor to ceiling windows that looked over Abu Dhabi's city.

The twinkling lights made her miss the life she had with him. She wished he was here.

Just then, her phone rang, and Chad's name appeared on the screen. Her lips curved before answering the call. He wanted to know what their day was like and she felt Danny's eyes on her the entire time, but whenever Dimmi glanced in her direction, she looked away.

Yeah, she knew that feeling. It was hard staying angry at the Monkey Man.

He promised to phone her after he spoke to whoever was behind this, and then the call ended.

They decided on room service and forty-five minutes later, one of the hotel staff pushed in a silver trolley packed with their dinner.

Theo grabbed the wine and opened it as Dimmi handed him a fifty-dollar note for his service.

Everyone grabbed their dish and sat around the dining room table that was in the suite, speaking about today. Even Liz babbled.

Theo kept smiling at Dimmi. The conversation switched over to Danny Que. The only thing they had discovered from the daughter's father chat was that he told Danny where she got her name from. After that, Danny just wanted to know everything she could about the surfer. Dimmi should've told her more about Daniella. She was larger than life.

Her phone rang, and Luke's name flashed on the screen. "Hey you?"

"Where are you?" Luke sounded alert, and it put Dimmi on edge immediately.

"Luke, what is going on?"

"Is Theo there?" he barked.

Dimmi's gaze flitted to Theo. "Yes, she is here. What the fuck is going on?"

"I'm so sorry, babes. Put on your TV." His voice broke.

She shot up from her seat and rushed to the lounge and picked up the remote. Her mind was going crazy. "Which channel?"

"CCN, Sky, BBC, any of them."

She went to CCN.

"Dimmi, what is going on?" Theo asked, standing at the edge of the lounge traipsing toward Dimmi. The girls right behind her.

"Mom?" Lizzy asked with a strain in her voice.

An aerial shot of a beautiful home danced over the screen. It looked like Paris and Chad's home. Her heart pounded. "Luke, what is this?"

"She went crazy, Dims."

"What?" A cold tingle spread through Dimmi's body.

The reporter kept talking about a shooting.

"What is this?" Theo asked, as Dimmi showed her palm to Theo to keep her quiet. Eight people got shot. They rushed three to the hospital. Joey, Dianne, Will, Chad and Paris died on the scene.

"Noooo!" one girl yelled as the other one screamed.

Theo tried to comfort their cries while trying to control her own tears.

The information refused to make sense. She had spoken to him barely an hour ago. This couldn't be real. It wasn't true. Dimmi's energy waned, and she found herself on her knees. Her heart shattered and then she let out an agonizing, soul tearing scream.