Chapter Fifty

A few stage coordinators walk out, ready to start rehearsals. One lady waves, "Hi boys." They reply, "Hi Sally." Sally points to the edge of the stage, "Sit here." The boys comply, letting their feet dangle. She continues, "This is for Little Things. In the middle of the song, Ed Sheeran is going to come out." I slightly jump out of my seat. Liam laughs, and points to me, "I saw that." The lady hands the boys their microphones. The melody begins to play from the speakers. On cue, Zayn starts his solo. The sound is amazing, it's like I'm listening to my iPod. When Harry's solo comes, he looks directly at me and holds my gaze. As Harry sings, "I'm in love with you, and all these little things," he winks at me. Right after his solo, Ed comes out and sits next to Harry. I stand out of my seat and walk up to Ed. Luckily, security has not put up the gates yet. I reach out my hand to touch him. He smiles, taking his hand in mine. He turns to Harry to whisper, "Who let this fan in here?" The boys all hear him and giggle. Harry whispers back, "She's my girlfriend." Ed faces me and squeezes my hand, "Hi babe." I mouth the words, "I love you." After Niall's solo, Ed joins in, "I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth.." The song ends and the melody slowly fades out. Niall asks for my opinion, "Lily, how was that?" I smile, "Perfect. Your voices are heavenly. And bringing Ed out is genius." Ed jumps down from the stage, and pulls me into a friendly hug. "I'm a huge fan. I adore Lego House." Sally interrupts us, "Lily? Pick the next song." Ed releases me from his arms, and I reply, "Nobody Compares?" Sally frowns, "It's not on the playlist." Harry says, "It's her favorite. Can we sing it just for her?"  The boys stand up and start to mess around when the melody starts. Niall runs a finger down his face, "You're so pretty when you cry," and waves his hand, "Wasn't ready to hear you say goodbye." Zayn pretends to rip open his chest and falls to the floor, "Why are you tearing me apart?" Harry points to me, "No one ever looked so good in a dress." I smile, I guess he likes my little black dress.