Chapter Thirty

A few days later, I'm sitting in my living room bored. I grab my phone and open up the picture of me and Harry sleeping on the couch. I could use really use him right now; he would save me from dinner with my dad. I set the picture as my home screen wallpaper. I exit out of the photos and click messages. I type a new text to Harry, "I miss you <3." Within ten minutes I get a text back, "He misses you too. He's getting distracted in meetings and filming. He dozes off a lot. -Niall." I read the text over and over. I'm happy to know he thinks about me but the last thing I want is to keep him from working. I don't want to be that girl.. the girl the boys don't like.. or the girl the fans don't like. A few hours later, my phone plays my ringtone, "Wanted" by Hunter Hayes. I know it's Harry, because I set that song only for his contact. I stare at my phone as it vibrates around in a circle on the coffee table. When it stops ringing, my phone alerts me that I have a voicemail. I press play and put it on speaker. In Harry's slow voice, he says, "Hi Lily. Uhm I'm sorry about Niall texting you. He stole my phone and he wouldn't give it back until I fought him for it. I have a black eye. I'm kidding. But call or text me back. I miss you too babe. Bye!" I delete the voicemail and I put my phone in my purse. Right on time, like always, my dad knocks on the door to my condo, "Ready to go pumpkin?" I groan, "Hi dad. Stop calling me that." He drives us to one of the fanciest restaurants in NY, called DANIEL. My dad starts the conversation, "I haven't heard from you. You must be busy. What have you been doing?" I reply, "Just working at the radio station." My dad giggles, "I know you have time off for the holidays. What else have you been doing?" I shake my head, "Nothing much." He reaches his hand across the table to touch my hand. "Sweetie. Come on, you can tell me. Is it a boy?" I sigh, giving in, "There was this boy." My dad smiles, "That's great. What happened?" I look away from our eye contact, "Now if mom didn't leave us I could talk to her about it... but I don't think I'm good for him."