𝟚𝟝 | never did

Start from the beginning

Jaemin made his purchase, successfully paying it and the two walked back to their school. A sudden call from the background caught their attention and both boys received a warm hug.

"Where'd you just come from?" Jaein pecks her boyfriend's cheeks.

"Jewellery store." Jeno signals Jaemin and Hyejin as Jaein lets out an 'oh' and a smirk, "I know it's very cute."

"Hyung! Can you carry me?" Hajoon asks the boy.

"Hajoon, he has a game soon." Hyejin was about to kneel down instead of Jaemin but she was a step too late as Hajoon already wrapped his arms around his neck, "Let me carry him, Jaemin. You have a game soon."

"He's light, don't worry." Jaemin pats her head in reassurance and it took everything for Jeno, Jaein and Hajoon to keep their squeals inside, "Come on." Daringly, Jaemin lightly holds Hyejin's hand.

"Who's going to tell them?" Jaein commented as her eyes softened at the two people in front of them.

"Patience babe. They'll get to it."

Jaein, Hyejin and Hajoon take their seats in the audience area, them being the first ones here

Jaein, Hyejin and Hajoon take their seats in the audience area, them being the first ones here. While Jaein openly cheers for her boyfriend during their warm up, Hyejin would keep her eyes on Jaemin. How could he look so good when he's just standing there? Her thought was interrupted when a group of girls entered the gym.

"Dad!" Aerin calls out to the coach, giving her father a warm hug, "How's the team?"

"Just warming up and all that. I thought you weren't coming considering how you had an unfinished essay." Coach Kim states to which Aerin proudly smiles back.

"I finished it during break time and submitted it early."

"That's my girl." Coach Kim gives her a kiss on her forehead.

The group of girls sat near the three, not too close but not too far either. Aerin acknowledges their presence, "Hey Hyejin. Who's the little boy?"

Hajoon didn't know why, but he sure had a bad feeling about Aerin, "I'm her brother. My name is Park Hajoon."

"Hello Hajoon-ie. I'm Kim Aerin. You might know me as your sister might've mentioned me a few times?" Aerin's confident tone made Hajoon internally roll his eyes.

"Please just call me, Hajoon and no, I don't know who you are." Hajoon says with a straight face. Hyejin panics at his attitude, nudging him to apologise as Jaein gives the flustered Aerin a mocking smile.

What a brat. Aerin thought. She diverts her attention to Jaemin instead, snapping pictures of him as the rest of the group fangirls about different boys in the team. They knew better than to have their eyes on Jaemin plus they knew that Aerin is the more ideal one for Jaemin and so their self-confidence didn't even let them think about Jaemin.