Max waited a few more minutes in the car so nobody would guess they arrived together, even though Kiwi and Andrew gave her knowing looks. Joanna was just glad that they didn't know about the baby. 

The Austrian barely had managed to step into the paddock before her father found her and asked to have a coffee together in a way that did not allow any argument. Which caused Joanna to give Kiwi an apologizing glance, before she left the older woman to follow her father, so now they were seated in Niki's office in the Mercedes facility which would cause some more rumors, but Joanna didn't really care about the silly season. She was no part of that with her secured seat at Mercedes. 

"How are you holding up?" Niki wanted to know after his assistant had brought them both a cup of coffee and left quietly, the door firmly closed behind her, which caused Joanna to huff out in annoyance. He could have asked her that in the passing, there was no reason to summon her to his office.

"How do you think I feel?" Joanna wanted to know, while she leaned back in her seat in a way she knew her father would scold her for. "I lied to him and told him our baby was sick and then because I'm a dumb bitch, I slept with Nico. So yes, father, I'm doing just splendidly." Joanna added the sarcasm thick in her voice. 

"Rosberg is not a problem. He's gone at the end of the season." Niki told her, with a throwaway gesture, before he got up from his seat and wandered over to the window which overlooked the paddock. 

"And Max?" Joanna asked in a small voice, she felt like she was twelve again. 

"Not a problem either. Why would he ask questions? You said he treats you as if you were made of glass." Niki pointed out, before turning around to look at her, his back casually leaned against the window. 

"He's not like other people. Max refused to make deals with defeat. Should he ever even hear the smallest whisper about this whole thing there would be hell to pay." Joanna told her father and she was certain of this. He would never forgive her but she also couldn't lie to him like that. Max was clear, she would figure it out sooner or later and he would hate her for it. 

"The boy is not a problem. Stop being so ungrateful, I'm trying to cover up your fuck up so show some gratitude." Niki was about to lose his temper. The younger Lauda was actually surprised he hadn't thrown a plate or something at her by now. 

"You told me to do nothing. That covers up nothing, father." The voiced of the two Laudas grew louder, but nobody dared to come into the office to see what the matter was and the younger Lauda was glad about that. 

"Sometimes doing nothing is the only thing you can do, Johanna." Niki lectured her and now Joanna was about to throw things around, but before she could open her mouth again before she could agree, Niki sat back down in his seat and waved in the direction of the door. 

"Now get out." He said, some documents already in hand to read over them, which caused Joanna to huff in annoyance ready to storm off, but Niki spoke again as she rested her hand on the door handle. 

"What have you told him, why you couldn't have the baby." Niki suddenly wanted to know and Joanna knew her father well enough to understand what he was doing. Niki was collecting blackmailing material, if she ever resisted him, he would go to Max and tell him everything, but that was exactly what Joanna was prepared for. She hadn't just known her father since yesterday.

"The heart. It was too tiny." Joanna lied but Niki had no idea, he simply nodded, which told Joanna that she was dismissed. 

Leaving the Mercedes facility Joanna was pulled into a darker alley before she could even get her eyes to get used to the sun, causing the Austrian to exhale slowly, the announce very clearly visible on her face.