Chapter 10

"Miles...Miles, where the hell are you...? I hope you're doing fine. ...as fine as you can be in this awful place..."

The room where you were in, tortured, it led to a very short hallway. And in the end of the hallway, there was a door. You opened it, which revealed another room, but this time it was much larger. The room was full of beds and...in middle of the room, you could see a larger bed, which was lighten. You knelt down and started to crawl under the beds. The beds were attached to a wall, so you couldn't be surprised.

"Now I really understand the appeal in hiding. I feel quite safe under the beds. ...at least more safe in here than in the open,"

You looked once again in the direction of the larger bed in middle of the room, a bright light above it. You zoomed with your camera to get a better look and you saw a poor soul, lying down on the bed unwillingly. He was tied to the bed and Trager had done some experiments on him. It wasn't pretty nor nice to look at. It was pretty vile.

You didn't waste any thought of him, because he more likely was already dead. At least that's what you hoped for - it would be better than being tortured first and then have a very painful death.
You crawled towards the wooden double doors. The other door was wide open - at least it wasn't locked and you wouldn't have to need to find a key in order to open it. If that was the case, you would risk it kicking the door in FBI style.

You peeked from the door, but you didn't see Trager anywhere near, which was odd. You noticed a door in end of...another hallway - surprisingly. You stood up and made a run for it. To be honest, there were too many hallways to get lost. It was rather frustrating trying to find the right exit.

You were quite nervous to run, so you continued walking, taking light steps. You walked in the end of the hallway and turned to right - it was a dead end.

"If I were Waylon or Miles...where would I go?"

You tried to think about that for a short while, until you sighed in frustration.

"If I were either Miles or Waylon, I wouldn't be here getting tortured..."

You heard heavy footsteps coming where you came from. That made you flinch and back up in the darkest corner of the hallway, which was a clear dead end. Thankfully there was a random bed, which worked as a shield, covering and hiding you behind it.

You heard the steps, which were now running pretty fast, coming closer and closer to you. You wanted to close your eyes, but you didn't. You forced yourself to keep them open.

"...Miles?"

You furrowed your eyebrows as you saw the familiar figure, holding up their camera to film everything - of course. Miles very likely noticed you with the night vision. He came to sit next to you, almost jumping on top of you. He was frightened - you could hear his heart beat. It was even more frightening, when you knew exactly that what he was so afraid of.

You looked at Miles with your camera, turning the night vision on, you saw that he was pretty torn apart as well. He was missing two fingers. You could see the bone and how unevenly it was cut. You knew it was Trager who had done that.

"Where are you? I really don't like to play hide and seek, although I always win," you heard the familiar, threatening voice. It was unsettling how calm Trager was.

The both of you watched as he was going back and forth in the hallway, until he left - probably went to look for somewhere else.

Miles tapped you on your shoulder. You looked at him and saw him waving a key in front of your face. He was smiling, seeming to be proud.

"...I got a key. It goes to an elevator..." he whispered. You nodded and stood up. Miles stood up as well and showed the path to the elevator. Miles quickly put the key in it and pressed the button to the first floor.

"Jesus, (y/n)! What happened to your face???" you were surprised that he didn't notice it earlier. You were thinking that he was probably in shock and in such a "survival mode" to notice anything...not that important for survival, until he got to rest a bit.

"Yeah well, your fingers ain't looking so good either"

Miles looked at his fingers and nodded in a response. He seemed so...exhausted and tired. He looked like a man, who will quit his journalist career after this adventure. And to be honest, he'll probably get more money out of this story than what he would get from any story he has ever made and will make.