Chapter 5

Present time...

You had been wandering in the dark hallways for several minutes, probably an hour already, when you needed to stop. The only way forward was blocked. You had one obvious option and it was to go back and find some other route.

"I hope you've got some ideas. My creativeness is limited," Miles said, looking at the blocked way. He clearly didn't want to go back - not even a couple of meters and neither did you.

"I'm sure we'll find some better way. Just...let's keep going,"

You didn't have any ideas either, because there was absolutely nothing you could do besides going around.

As you were turning around, you heard that familiar jingling sound that was coming closer and closer. The steps weren't nice and slow walking steps, but fast and storming. Your face flashed pale as you realised and saw the monstrous beast running towards the two of you.

"I HOPE SO!" Miles shouted, probably his life flashing before his eyes.

"Little pigs!" Chris said with his threatening and deep voice as he grabbed you by your collar and lifted you up. When he did that, you saw a room in the end of the hallway, where he probably came from. But when he did that, you also knew that he was about to rip your head off with his bare hands very soon.

"If I die now...I hope Miles happens to find Waylon by some...odd coincidence,"

"Let them go, you fat fuck!" Miles yelled, trying to push him. Chris was staying in that same position, but at least it distracted him enough that he dropped you down. You quickly stood up, grabbed Miles by his wrist and ran for your life across the hallway. You didn't look back. You could only hear the chains jingling, that were attached to his trousers, and his heavy but surprisingly fast footsteps.

You slammed the door shut, looking a place to hide. There wasn't much, but thankfully Miles was observant enough to notice an open vent on the wall.

"Quick! I'll help you and then you'll help me," and that was exactly what happened. Miles boosted you up and then you offered your hand to help him to climb up.

As you were save and sound, sitting in the vent, you heard Chris storming in. He broke the whole door, not showing any mercy.

"Where did you go, you little whores..."

"No one has called me by that before. ...nor by "little pig" - that was new and rather interesting,"

You were watching as Chris was trying to look for the two of you, flipping every single table and bed, not leaving anything unnoticed.

When he finally left the room, you weren't going anywhere in the following five minutes. You were sitting in the vent, not communicating to each other at all. The near death experience let the two of you pretty much speechless - as you were going to say anything anyways.

"That was too close. We've to be more careful or it's gonna get us killed,"

Miles read the note with shaky hands. He slowly nodded, definitely agreeing with you. It was unnecessarily close call.

"Are you ready to hop off?" Miles asked, but you had to just nod. You had to keep going. You couldn't sit in the vent all night, although it sounded pleasantly nice and comfy.

Miles was the first one to hop off the vent into a completely new hallway. Of course you followed him into the darkness.