Chapter 9

Flashback...
(you've been working there for five months - two months after the last flashback in chapter 6).

...

"Hey, (y/n). I'm making a very important decision!" Waylon said, catching your attention immediately.

"Well, if he needs help, of course I'm here for him,"

"Will we eat spaghetti or noodles for dinner? Spaghetti would be in cafeteria, but I got this bad boy for myself," Waylon smirked as he took a noodle packet out of his pocket. You hadn't eaten noodles in years. You never were a big fan of them, although they were still good and edible.

You facepalmed, shaking your head slowly. You hadn't expected that his "important decision" would be about pasta.

"Don't worry, I do have a water kettle to...cook this. ...unless you wanna eat it raw - I wouldn't judge,"

"Noodels or spaghetti? I would rather eat with Waylon in peace and silence than go to the cafeteria,"

You looked at Waylon and the noodles for a while, until you nodded. You pointed at the noodle packet with your finger and then put thumbs up.

"I knew you would trust my cooking skills!" Waylon sounded way too excited for someone, who was about to eat a packet of noodles. You giggled a bit at his goofy appearance and behaviour.

"I better go and make sure that he won't burn the whole kitchen down..."

You decided to follow him to his little kitchen to watch as he turned on the water kettle and dropped the block of raw noodles in the boiling water. He looked at you and gave you a proud, wide grin.

"I dare you to go to some cooking show. ...you would probably get more money out of that than working in this rabbit hole..."

"No way I would get more money out of that!" he laughed as he was watching the noodles.

"Everyone would love you and your bad cooking skills"

Waylon looked at the note for a good while, before he looked at you the most confused expression on his face that you had ever seen.

"...you know, I really don't know if this is a compliment or an insult," you laughed and rolled your eyes with a wide grin on your face. You weren't sure either - you had just told two facts, which can be, once again, taken as a compliment or as an insult.

"Well, thanks anyways, becaaaause....I just made my famous noodles! Aaand YOU, my friend, are the lucky one to eat it and share it with me," you couldn't stop smiling. You loved to see how he was full of enthusiasm and such a good energy.