Chapter 14: Adorable Misunderstandings (Part 2)

The day for the Shen family dinner has come.

They didn't say anything while they were eating since Father Shen reminded them he don't like conversations during meals, and they all ate quietly. Shen Yuan kept giving worried glances to Luo Binghe and how his family looks at him. Luo Binghe was as graceful as a prince when he ate, focusing on his meal and ignoring the eyes on him.

Father Shen watched Luo Binghe for a bit with uninterested but stern eyes. Mother Shen stared with such great wonder and awe, nodding and muttering to herself as if he was the newest fashion brand or the latest gossip. Little Sister Shen was just smiling ear to ear, feeling very satisfied with herself. Meanwhile, the two elder brothers are the ones who bear ill will against their brothers boyfriend the most, their eyes never going away from the peacefully eating protagonist.

Eldest Brother Shen looked warily, prepared to file a lawsuit any minute Luo Binghe shows signs of aggression. Middle Brother Shen observed every move that Luo Binghe makes, finding the smallest mistake so that he can ridicule him later.

The meal was finished, and everyone set down their cups. Now it's time for the moment of truth, and Shen Yuan pushed back his glasses nervously.

"So, Luo Tianzhu..." Eldest Brother Shen started. "I did some digging about you before, but I can't seem to fin anything despite your recent employment to a book cafe. That's odd."

"All of Luo Tianzhu's documents are legal." Shen Yuan retorted. "It's not good to admit that you have been investigating someone behind their back."

"We were only being cautious, didi." Middle Brother Shen smiled. "After all, the man as peach blossom eyes. I find it untrustworthy."

"Ay, stop it, you two! You're being overprotective!" Mother Shen intervened. "Ah-Yuan, why didn't you tell us anything before? You know that we are very open-minded than most, I have a friend who's daughter got married in Canada! Luo Tianzhu is a very handsome lad, why did you have to hide him?"

"Sorry, Mother. I was a little scared about your reaction." Shen Yuan answered bowing his head.

The woman wiped a tear with her handkerchief. "I'm so happy for the two of you."

"Thank you, Mrs. Shen." Luo Binghe politely replied.

"Call me mother too, you are now a member of the family—"

"Not yet. Your elder brother's are correct, Ah-Yuan, there is still a need for caution. You are a son of a businessman after all, I need to know Luo Tianzhu's financial situation." Father Shen finally spoke up, observing all their interactions. He begins to interrogate: "I heard you had been working on a book cafe."

"Yes, sir. I am a cook there." Luo Binghe left out the being a waiter and drawer of explicit scenes in ketchup.

"Is it a high class cafe? Is it famous?"

"It has gained popularity recently, and has a good quality." Luo Binghe answered honestly.

"How much is your monthly salary there?"

"Dad!" Shen Yuan protested.

"Is it wrong to ask? He is working in a blue collar job, there is a huge gap in your finances."

"At least he's not unemployed." Shen Yuan said. "Unlike me. Isn't that enough?"

"Honey, your monthly allowance is six figures." Mother Shen reminded. "Being unemployed is not a problem for you."

"My monthly wage is 69,000 yuan. My employer is also thinking of giving me a raise next month because of my performance." Luo Binghe answered Father Shen's question.