Chapter 10: The Protagonist and his Gege

A few days have passed since Shen Yuan's sickness. For some reason, it made Luo Binghe a lot more talkative to him. He had also been trying more and more modern stuff and show genuine interest in it even if it's not related to his world or former memories with Shen Qingqiu.

"Shen Yuan, I've been trying to watch other Bl than xianxia and came across this sci-fi crime drama, can you explain this stuff to me?"

"Shen Yuan, what's your favorite ice cream flavor? Mine's rocky road because of the marshmallows, but if yours is different, I might change my mind."

"Shen Yuan, you don't have to clean up my room. I'll clean it myself. If you need some help with chores, just ask me."

Their interactions have steadily risen and at times Luo Binghe would ask him not to leave anymore and take some rest first. Shen Yuan reasoned that he's not making any progress at looking for clues to bring him back to his Shizun, to which Luo Binghe answered:

"If there are still no answers, just let it be. I don't want you to die from forcing yourself to look for something hopeless and impossible."

Shen Yuan didn't know how to react. "Luo Binghe... Do you know what you're saying? This is your Shizun we're talking about. If I could bring him back to life and return you to your world---"

"And if you cannot? That will be alright." Luo Binghe said. "Don't slowly kill yourself for me, don't throw your life away for me. That is no different from what Shizun has done. Sacrificing yourself would just lead to more despair for me. "

He looked at Shen Yuan with a resolute expression. Something has changed in him. Something that matured him and made him become aware of when he should let things go, instead of going forward with no restrictions to the point of destruction.

"Shen Yuan, do not give yourself away entirely to a fruitless search. Take care of yourself."

Shen Yuan can only manage a nod as he bring over their food to the living room table. "Ok..."

Luo Binghe took a couple of chips and put it in his mouth. "Shen Yuan, can I call you gege?"

"H-Huh?" That was a very quick change of topic! "How old even are you to call me gege?!"

Luo Binghe thought about it. "According to the book, I must be a few months over 25 now. How about you?"

"No comment." Shen Yuan buried his red face on his chips.

"But you are older than me, aren't you?"

Shen Yuan annoyingly munched, before answering. "....Fine. I am."

"Then I can call you gege, right?" Luo Binghe asked.

"I don't want you to. Just keep calling me Shen Yuan. Only my little sister ever calls me gege."

"It doesn't feel right to not respect an elder person." Luo Binghe explained. "Can I call you Yuan-gege?"

Shen Yuan ignored him and looked for channels with the remote.

"Hey. Yuan-gege." Luo Binghe waved his hand to try to catch his attention.

Keep ignoring him. Shen Yuan thought to himself.

"I like calling you gege. It fits better than calling your name. Can't I?" Luo Binghe asked.

Just keep ignoring him. Shen Yuan gritted his teeth and focused his eyes on the TV.

"Gege, gege, gege." Luo Binghe repeated.

"You're being ridiculous." Shen Yuan couldn't help himself from saying, trying to keep a straight face while watching TV.