Collaboration 2

"Warriors assemble! To the swamp!" I cried out.

The goblins gathered, and I led up while riding Dodge. Our footsteps thundered through the camp, and people waved us out as we left. In a matter of hours, the scummy water and rotting trees were in our vision. I had almost forgotten the sounds of croaking frogs and buzzing flies. Life had returned to the swamp.

As we reached the end shore of the dirty lake, we spotted the migrants. I felt sick to my stomach. Enormous slugs stood on two legs. They carried closet-sized shells upon their backs. Every slow step they took produced a trail of ooze and a sloshing sound.

They huddled together in the centre of the lake, upon a small patch of land. Their eyes stalks twisted around their bodies, looking around the swamp for danger. Upon spotting us, a snail with facial tentacles resembling a moustache waved at us, and let out a slimy burp.

My face paled. I held in the urge to throw up. But before I could escape, a group of red-skinned humanoids emerged on the other side of the swamp. They were goblins!

Their skin was a pure shade of crimson, they had razor-sharp facial features. They wore rags and furs, armed with simple clubs. The snail men shuffled as fast as they could from their pursuers.

"Kill these shelled svoloks!" An elderly red goblin, shrouded in blood-stained robes, cried. His minions screeched and charged, flailing their weapons with reckless abandon.

The red ones spoke in a language similar to ours, but some words were indecipherable to me. Their thick and strange accents didn't help.

The terrain was not suitable for melee combat at all, the reds would have a tough time hunting those snails. But fortune smiled upon us, they hadn't noticed us yet.

"Don't attack the snails, and capture as many goblins as you can," I ordered.

I used [Obsidian Offensive] on their spears and arrows. Black energy flowed from my hands and covered their weapons in a glassy, onyx sheen. The goblins rode off, charging at the enemy with their enchanted weapons. The enemy force was small, only 20 red goblins. As soon as they realised that there was another enemy, it was too late for them.

The hunters launched a volley of arrows, each piercing the poorly armoured enemy.

"Yellow svoloks!? You're still alive! Get them!" Their shaman yelled, and the feral red goblins rushed at us. But the terrain was swampy, they kept slipping and falling into ponds. The swampy ground made them easy targets.

"Useless!" The hooded figure yelled. "Blood Berserk!" It raised its hands in the air, summoning a red liquid sphere. Fluid tendrils extended from the orb into, grasping the bodies of the goblins. They began to shake, their eyes rolled back, and spat out foam from their mouths.

The enemy lept forward with unnatural vigour and fearlessness. They wailed with clubs and flags against our shields, pushing us back.

"Deal with the minions, I'll get the spell caster," I commanded. "Crystallisation Ray!" I cast.