Changes 3

The dagger's design was extremely simple. It was entirely made of metal which seemed like plain iron, there wasn't even any leather on the handle. The blade was wavy and curved, and the only decorative feature on it was a hematite cabochon as the pommel.

[Interface]

{Vorpal Vortex Dagger}

This is an experimental artefact of no renown but great power. This dagger's magic comes from a mysterious hematite gem. The dagger itself is enchanted with supreme sharpness and longevity.

{Item Skill}

This skill can only be used while the item is equipped.

{Rain of Daggers}

Conjure a ferrous cloud in the sky that constantly rains magically propelled daggers. The cloud can be shaped and warped according to the user's will. The cloud cannot be shrunk below the size of a fist. The amount of raining daggers depends on the size of the cloud. The cloud can travel anywhere within the user's vision. Once cast, the rain cannot be stopped. The daggers are produced at the same rate as normal rain. The daggers can only fall downwards.

{Cast time: 5 Minutes, Cost: 2 Mana/Dagger, Recharge rate: 4 days, Non-persistent.}

The skill was versatile. I could strike down anyone with a rain of daggers in my sight. Yet, the only issue was the rate of consumption. It consumes 2 mana per dagger, which seemed reasonable. But the rate at which the daggers fell was equal to normal rain. I could cast around 200 hundred daggers, but my mana would dry up. Whoever made this dagger, had created it for a legendary wizard with bottomless magic reserves. Yet, one sentence in the description intrigued me. It said a gem was powering the dagger, thus I inspected the hematite pommel.

[Interface]

{Harrowing Hale Hematite}

Conjure a ferrous cloud in the sky that constantly rains magically propelled shards of hematite ore. The cloud has a radius of 1.2 metres. The cloud can travel anywhere within the user's vision. The rain of hematite can be stopped at will. If the cloud is not raining, mana is still consumed at the normal rate, but the cloud can be moved faster. The shards are produced at the same rate as normal rain. The cloud can be directed to fire the hematite crystals in any direction, and the trajectory of the projectiles and be slightly influenced.

{Cast time: 3 Minutes, Cost: 1 Mana/Dagger, Recharge rate: 2 days, Non-persistent.}

{Removal Cost: Your entire stomach and intestines will become filled with hematite.}

The gem had its advantages and disadvantages compared to using the dagger. The [Vorpal Vortex Dagger] had greater power and versatility, but it wouldn't last long. The [Harrowing Hail Hematite] was flexible since it could be controlled more precisely. That meant using the cloud over my own troops without hurting them. Not to mention the reduced mana consumption.

After a bit of consideration, I decided to absorb the gem. Its lower cost of use was too significant to pass up. The removal cost was dangerous, but with enough preparation, I could circumvent it. If a weapon like this could exist, I was sure that there was a form of surgery magic, or something related.