Collaboration 1

The ceremony was an outstanding success.

[Interface]

You have raised your Preach (Novice) to Preach (Budding)

You have raised your Orate (Novice) to Orate (Budding)

I felt that mysterious energy once more emanating from the people's prayers. It swirled inside me like a vortex, empowering me before vanishing once more. Faith was something tangible, and I Yantago must be gathering it for his revival.

Seeing the invigorated faces of goblin and man alike filled me with confidence. I ended the sermon, and everyone returned to work with renewed zeal. On some days, I would see a goblin, maybe even a human, praying to Yantago's statue in the centre of the mine.

But I wouldn't hold another union until I figured how to consistently craft the same spell from Torchite. I worried that if I gave spells that had varying strengths, it would inspire discrimination between the goblins.

"Voglo, I wish to know something." I approached him. "Do you know of a method, to precisely control mana?"

He was somewhat taken aback by the question but soon began to cackle. "My Holy Guide, potion-making does need exact mana proportions. I know of such a method, follow me."

The shaman led me to his chambers, which he fashioned into a personal apothecary. A green fog obscured the floor. In the centre of the room stood a large stone pot. In it boiled a dirty green ooze, which released a pungent smoke that pooled on the floor.

I covered my nose. "This smells disgusting," I said out loud.

"Don't breathe in too deeply, you'll get a hole in your lung!" Voglo laughed.

"How are you okay then?" I mumbled through a rag.

Voglo grinned, "[Shaman] gives me poison resistance."

"But you only got your class recently."

"Guess I'm used to poison then."

I shook my head. "Maybe it doesn't put a hole in your lung, but your brains." I thought to myself. He beckoned me to approach a clay distillatory. A fire burned under a clay pot, which was connected to a tube that was fed by water. The end of the tube poured a dark blue liquid into a rock bucket.

"Is this how you make your mana potions?" I asked.

Voglo nodded. "In essence, mana potions are a liquid with high amounts of mana in them. Of course, you need to add something extra, if you don't want the potion to eat through your stomach." He took a stone jug filled with light blue liquid and poured it onto the ground. The liquid bubbled a bit before vanishing, revealing a tiny hole in the floor.

"And you figured this all out on your own?"