Chapter 18

The three brothers exchanged glances, Cassian shrugged and turned to walk away. Azriel grabbed him in a chokehold. "Where do you think you're going?" He snapped.

"I have work to do." Cassian fought against the spymaster but all was in vain. He was not escaping this situation.

"I have work to do." Azriel mockingly mimicked him. "You're just going to go to Nesta. We all know that."

Rhysand put a finger on his lips, "Quiet."

Cassian came to his full height as Azriel let him go and Rhys hurriedly said, "It can't be that difficult."

Azriel raised his eyebrows, "Like you had to talk to Feyre's father." He scoffed.

"But I wouldn't have been so nervous." He grinned. "He would've loved me."

Cassian rolled his eyes, "Not everyone has the same deprived taste in people as we do, Rhys." This earned him a punch in the stomach but he still smirked.

"This is going to okay." Ignoring the mayhem caused by the High Lord and the general, Azriel whispered to himself. "It's just another person."

"You're going to do well." Rhysand patted him on the shoulder. "And he's a great man. Very calm." He referred to Arcane's father.

"Calm is good." Azriel said uncertainly.

"Couldron!" Cassian threw his hands up. "You're acting like you've never met a person before. Just go in and tell him you love his daughter. How hard can it be?" He crossed his arms across his chest and looked between his brothers who stared at him for a few seconds before pushing him towards the door.

"You go in-"
"It's not hard, is it?"
"Do it, Cass."
"Tell him-"
"It's so easy, isn't it?"
"Yeah, you can-"
"Since you're so-"

"Stop!" He pulled back, steadying his hands on the threshold. "I'm not going in!"

"Why not? How hard can it be?" Azriel asked innocently and Casssian smacked the back of his head. "Shut up. Both of you." He adjusted the collar of his shirt and huffed.

"One of you has to come with me." Azriel bit his lip.

"Why?" Rhysand frowned.

"I'm going to faint." He nervously said.

"You're not." Cassian finally assured him. "Just breath deeply and do not look him in the eye."

"Right." The spymaster nodded. "But I've never met him." He suddenly panicked. Again.

"You were the first person to see him out of all three of us." Rhys deadpanned.

"Yes but I haven't met met him." He gestured wildly with his hands.

"Az." Cassian put both his hands on his shoulders and faced him with a hard expression. "Do you love Arcane?"

"Of course, I do. What kind of question is that?" Azriel said in ridicule.

"And what would you do for her?" The General asked.

"Anything." Azriel said. "But not this."

Both Cass and Rhysand groaned. "You've been in wars. How much harder can this be?"

"You have no idea, so you don't talk." He glared at them and returned to nervously shuffling in his place.

Finally, they decided they had had enough, so Cassian reached forward and rapped his knuckles against the door. Azriel opened his mouth to yell at him but Rhysand pushed him roughly through the door.