Chapter 7

"Azriel."

"Hmm?"

"I said I'm sorry."

"And I said I don't care."

"So you won't forgive me?"

"No."

"Okay."

A few seconds passed.

"Azriel."

"No."

"Okay."

Sultana licked her paw and rested her head on Arcane's stomach.

"Azriel."

"I said no."

"You won't even look at me?"

"No."

"I'm hungry."

"Then starve."

Arcane gasped, "But breakfast is the most important meal! I can't miss that."

"Then go and eat. I don't care." Azriel continued sharpening Truth-teller in his lap. "Give me my jacket back."

"It's mine now. You shouldn't have given it to me." She pulled the sleeves closer. "And I'm still cold."

"You shouldn't have gotten inside the bathtub in your clothes then. Not my problem." He shrugged. "And you changed out of your wet clothes."

"Okay? A girl can't be cold in this house?" She huffed. Dragging herself out of the silk sheets she stood in front of him. "Stop sharpening the blade. I don't like the sound."

"Sounds like your problem." He hummed. "What's that got to do with me?"

"I just stopped having a meltdown and I'll have another one if you don't stop." She almost threatened but he still stopped for a second.

"Then cry." He again shrugged and continued sharpening the blade.

"I want to slap you again." She laughed. "You drive me mad, you know that?"

"I could say the same about you." He inspected the sharp edge and returned the blade to its position by his side. "You wanted to eat. Go and eat."

"I don't know how to cook."

"You lived alone."

"And?"

He sighed in frustration, "Okay. Fine. I'm no cook but come."

Arcane practically skipped her way to the kitchen after leaving his jacket in her room. Azriel pulled on another one from his room and mumbled something under her breath about leather thieves but she ignored him.

"Oh! I know a dish!" She clasped her hands together and he rolled his eyes.

"If I cook, you're eating what I want to cook." He stated but Arcane put both her hands on the side of his face, making him freeze on the spot.

"Great!" She smiled. "Cook some rice then. This is going to be the best meal!" She pushed him towards the counter and he almost stumbled before catching himself.

"Rice?" He rubbed a hand where she had touched him on the cheek.

"Yes." She climbed onto the marble countertop. "My mother used to make this and she taught me and Feyre when we were little. I don't remember it but I'm sure she does."

"Then ask her to make it." He mumbled, irritated.

"But Nyx was crying and I would hate to take his mother way. Do you want that? You want me to do that, spymaster?" She pouted and he just couldn't say no to that face.