Chapter 15

"Of course she is." Azriel found Morrigan mumbling inside the High Lady's art studio. "I couldn't dream of doubting it.

Cassian sat on the floors with Nyx sleeping in his lap while Azriel's mate scoffed with her arms crossed over her chest. "Feyre? I've seen her cry bec-"

"Don't!" Feyre yelled, "Don't even go there. I will kill you."

Cassian leaned forward with a grin, "Tell me. I want to know." Feyre gave him a look of betrayal before glaring at Arcane.

Arcane ignored her sister's glare before saying, "I've seen her crying because they wouldn't put her into the oven with the cornbread. She threw a tantrum for hours over that."

"I was three!" The High Lady protested and colour drained from her face as her eyes landed on Rhysand leaning over Azriel's shoulder. "I will go back to Tamlin." She threatened and Rhysand's grin only widened.

"Cornbread?" He raised his eyebrows and walked past Azriel towards his mate. "Me and Arcane need to have some  conversations." He wiggled his eyebrows and Feyre threw a paintbrush at him.

Cassian who could not laugh because of Nyx choked on his breaths instead while Morrigan hid her face behind her hands. "Cornbread." She wheezed and her brother's grin finally ended in a deep laugh.

Feyre angrily gathered herself up and took her son who had somehow managed to sleep through the ruckus into her arms before stomping out with a crying-laughing Rhys on her tail.

Finally, both Morrigan and Cassian burst out laughing. Arcane looked at Cassian, "You want to know something about Nesta?"

The male perked up instantly, "Yes?"

"She used to think that cats and dogs were the same animal, just that cats were girls and dogs were boys."

"Cats and dogs are the same animal." Cassian repeated before practically sprinting out of the door, no doubt, to get into a bickering match with his mate.

Morrigan wiped her eyes before pushing herself out of her chair. "The Archerone family is an interesting one." Noticing Azriel near the door, she beamed. "Mates, huh?"

He shrugged. "It is what it is."

Arcane threw a can of paint at him which thankfully did not spill over him but rather on the floor.

"It is what it is." She mimicked him and stormed out the door.

Confused, he followed her. "Arcane." She didn't stop.

"Arcane, stop." He rushed after her but she was somehow faster than him and angrily stormed through the corridors.

Finally he managed to catch up to her and held her by the elbow. She jerked her elbow away from his grasp and glared him with her finger jabbing in his chest. "You do not grab me. Understood? Don't fucking grab me ever again."

Wide-eyed, he backed away from her. "Okay. I was just trying to stop you."

"What made you think I would appreciate being stopped? The 'not stopping when you called my name'?" Her eyes blazed but there was a thin layer of water in them.

"We can talk about it." He offered as he put his hands up.

"Talk? Talk? You want to talk? Fine, then." She angrily crossed her arms across her chest. "Let's talk about how you decided, on your own, that you were not going to tell me about our bond? Or that you think it's okay for you take me to places I don't want to go by force? Huh? You want to talk about that?"

He gaped at her, "You are overwhelmed maybe this is-"

"Mother above!" Arcane covered her face with her hands and took two steps away. Taking deep breaths, she removed her hands, "I know that you don't talk much, I also understand that it's difficult for you to handle certain situations but this is ridiculous, Azriel."