Chapter 3

"You're alive."

"You're in Prythian."

"How?"

"Exactly. How?"

"Feyre? Love, I hate to interrupt but what exactly is going on?" Rhysand, at last, said as Arcane wiped Feyre's tears. "Do you know each other?" Worry and confusion stretched over his face.

"Yes." Feyre nodded. "Yes. Of course, I do." She beamed at Arcane. "Rhys, this is my sister. Astra."

"Arcane." She sighed.

"Astra." Feyre insisted. "You know I always hated that name."

"Your sister?" Cassian was the first to break the silence. "How? I mean, like Nesta and Elain?"

"We're cousins." Arcane answered as Feyre buried her head into her shoulder.

"Where were you?" Feyre mumbled. "We looked for you and your father everywhere."

Arcane blinked back her tears and held Feyre's hands. "We had to leave because of the rumours. And finally when baba sent a letter to your house, there was no answer. You were all gone."

"Can someone explain to me what's happening ?" Morrigan threw her hands up. "We are very confused."

"Ah, yes." Feyre gathered herself and pulled Arcane towards a couch. "Sit."

After everyone was seated and a good amount of confused glances were shared, Feyre smiled at her family. "Arcane is my cousin." Tears still shone in her eyes. "We were inseparable before one day, in the dead of the night, her and her father disappeared. Shortly after, mother died and father lost his fortune. I sent letters after letters, hoping that she would answer at least one. That they might have returned." Sadness took over her beautiful face and Arcane squeezed her hand. "They never did."

"There were rumours." Arcane added. "Well, they were true but we tried passing them off as rumours. Of my magic, I mean. My mother was attacked one day, when I was six, and Baba decided that was enough. We left and because we could not let anyone know where we lived. We never told our family. Almost seven years later, I sent a letter for Feyre." She kept her voice low as everyone listened intently, "There was no reply. Where were you all?" She looked at her sister with furrowed brows. "Why are you here?"

Feyre gulped and looked at Rhys before turning back to her, "It's a long story. Why don't you tell me about your father first?"

"I think we had a deal about not hiding anything." Arcane smiled.

"We were children." Feyre snorted.

"So you're going to hide things from me now that we're grown up?" She arched an eyebrow.

Feyre sighed and shook her head, "No. I will tell you, of course." She awkwardly moved her shoulder. "Come. Your pet can come too." She eyed Sultana who sat in the middle of the carpet and ignored everyone. "She's beautiful. What's her name?"

"Sultana." Arcane said she she raised her dark head. "Come."

Feyre looped her arm around her sister's and motioned to them that they will be back soon before leaving.

Rhysand pursed his lips, "A sister?"

"A sister." Morrigan nodded, not looking at him.

"They seem to get along." Cassian commented when Arcane jumped in the distance. Her shocked voice travelled towards them, "A son?!" She said to Feyre who smiled softly and tugged her along.

"They do." Rhysand leaned back in his chair and watched their back. "That's good."

Morrigan chewed on her lip, "This is good for us, Velaris I mean, isn't it?"