Chapter 33: claim

"I'll be back in a bit" you say to your dad, he turns around and leans on the back of the sofa. He was used to your sudden leavings by now, not like he would need you for anything important.
"Is that a good idea?" He asks.
"I'll be fine" you assure him.
He sighs.
"Cya later kiddo" he mumbles as he turns back to the TV. He hadn't called you that in years, you open the door slowly. As that sinks in.

You step outside, he was in his car.
You didn't know he could drive.
"You can drive?" You ask shocked, slowly clambering down the stairs. It was a very nice car, open roof. Cherry red and cream accents. Old fashioned too, not a cheap car.
"Surprised?" He grins.
"Very" you smile.
It was blistering hot outside, good to see his car was open roofed.
"Well, I thought this would be easier than you walking" he says, starting the engine back up.
"Well, thank you" you open the door, slowly sit inside. "Ready?" He smiles.
You nod.
"What have you been doing while I was in the hospital?" You ask, genuinely curious.
"Well, not much" he chuckles awkwardly.
"Yeah that chuckle really said nothing" you smile.
"Well, I don't think it's too important what I got up to" he claims, driving.
You smile at each other, turning onto the road of his house.

Okay hear me out, I'm tempted to make a channel of Minecraft builds of the houses in my fanfictions. I don't know if many would be interested, but I have fun building them and helps my imagination better so let me know besties 😫💅