chapter 28: Blank

1 week later

The scrapes were beginning to fade.
You needed a walk, just needed fresh air. You had spent the week inside, just having a breather from life.
Bill hadn't tried speaking to you, obviously didn't seem to care much.

You breathe in the fresher air, fresher than inside.
There was a heatwave, so that meant shorts and short sleeves. Your scrapes out for the world.
You really doubted anyone would run into you, knowing life's great timing you would run into David. You would just run if so.

You stand in front of the school, the half being worked on was nearly completed.
It was the part that had most of your lessons so you were kept off anyway.
You sigh and turn around, walking back home.
You hear footsteps behind you, gaining. David?
You start running, didn't care if it was a stranger and it wasn't there intention to scare you.
You reach your doorway, looking back in that direction. Bill stands a few houses down, hands in his coat pockets. Your heart drops slightly.
You suck in a breath, stepping down the stairs.
He walks to you slowly, sighing.
"How have you been?" He asks, looking off in the distance.
You push your tongue into the side of your mouth and look down at your feet.
"Why are you wearing a coat in this heat?" You mumble.
"Because I don't feel the temperatures like you do" he answers, looking down at you.

His face looking down at you

"You haven't answered my question" he hints.
"Fine" you say bluntly.
"Look, we can go talk about it...and you can hear me out, then decide fully if you want nothing to do with me"
You shake your head, panicked. What if he just took you away and ate you alive.
You run up the steps, running into the house and slamming the door. You watch him stand there, watching you blankly.