chapter 22: Awake or back soon

You try to push up, put it was too strong.
You words and cries of terror are muffled as it shoves your face into the covers. It's grip on the back of your head was too strong. You were slowly suffocating.
Your legs.
You kick back towards where you think it was stood and hit it's knee. It lets go slightly, allowing you to push all the way up and off the bed. You run at the door, fumbling with the handle and managing to scramble through the doorway.
You hear it's fast footsteps get louder as it paces at you.
You run down the stairs, the footsteps had stopped from behind you. You turn around, it wasn't there. You stick your back to the wall, and look all around.
You felt like crying, but how would that be helpful in this situation.
Maybe it left? You couldn't just stay on the stairs. Maybe bill was home? Or maybe this was a dream? Must of been seeing things, you were very tired to be fair.

You slowly creep downstairs, still uncertain of it was real or not and turn to look down the hall.
No one. You sigh, you needed a drink after all this stress.
You walk to the kitchen, and reach for a glass on the top shelf. It nearly slips out of your hand, but you manage to save it.
You sigh.
If it was still here, and real, it would know exactly where you are.
You creep over to the tap and put it under the tap.
You sigh and gulp down some of the water. The sun was rising, you could see it through the trees that were across the road.
You place down the glass, and lean on the side. There was no one after you, Bill will be awake or home soon. You mentally nod to yourself before sipping again, choking on the water as the same large hand grabs the back of your throat.