seis

" I still don't understand. How can Shadowhunters be better than- than what you people call mundanes?"

"Because we protect humans," came Isabelle's response. Luis looked up at the four who had just walked into the Institute and over to where he was.

"You're right. Humans. You protect humans. You left Simon all alone in the van. Great job, guys. You rock," came Clary's salty reply. 

"What happened to Simon?" Luis looked at Alec for the answer. 

"A vampire clan took him in exchange for the Cup," Alec didn't look him in the eye, embarrassed for losing the mundane. 

"Look, they won't do anything to Simon. They just wanted to draw you out. They want the Cup, and they think you have it," Jace rubbed Clary's arm in reassurance. She leant into his touch, calming down.

"But why do they think that? Why does anyone think that? What, my mom lies to me my entire life except, "Oh, by the way, there's this magic cup, I hid on, like the planet Bongo, but don't tell anyone". What am I supposed to do now?" She looked up at Luis, as she had always done when she wanted guidance. It seemed as if he always had the answers.

"What clan was it? The one in DuMort?" Luis asked the group, hoping one of them would know. 

Jace nodded.

"Great, uh- Clary, can I talk to you in private for a minute?" Luis looked at her, hoping for her to say yes.

"Of course, lead the way," how could one person be so forgiving? She looked at him with nothing but sisterly love in her eyes.

Luis walked her off and over to the training room. 

"Listen, Clary, I'm sorry for what I said before. It was uncalled for and untrue," Luis spoke sincerely to her, leaning over her.

"You're stressed we all are. Let's try to not take it out on each other, sound good?" She smiled up at him and pulled him into a hug. 

Luis smiled brightly at Clary, "Thanks for being such a good sister, I suppose I'm just worried for you," 

Clary pulled away, "We should probably get back to the others," 

Luis nodded and let Clary drag him back to where the other shadowhunters were.

When they walked in, Jace was talking, "Look, the vamps broke the Accords. They kidnapped a Mundie. That's a big no-no. The Clave will give us a lecture and then they'll be glad we did it. Come on,"

"Hard to argue with that," Izzy smiled to herself.

"Even if we went ahead, I don't see how we get out of here without having to explain where we're going. We need weapons, and we can't let anyone see us get them," Alec had also made a valid point.

"I know where to get what we need," Jace was as confident as ever.

The five of them climbed out of the van and walked into the church graveyard.

"Mary Milligan, born January 10th, 1802. Died January 10th, 1878," Luis felt the need to remind them all, although he already had told them probably over 1000 times.

"Wait, what are we looking for?" Clary still didn't realise what they were looking for, even though Jace and Luis had gone over it on the trip over.

"Weapons,"

"Wait, why-," Clary tried to ask another question, but Luis shushed her, not in the mood. He had always been short with people unless he was tipsy. Then he was a whole new world of fun.